- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
- Maintenance Manager - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
- Spreading hydroponic farming technologies across India
- Italy: Thirteen hectares of lettuce grown on a floating system
- Belgium: Full LED lighting in new 10 hectare tomato greenhouse
- "It’s all about collecting data and using it properly"
- Will the urban agricultural revolution be vertical and soilless?
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
US (WY): How a vertical farmer is strengthening the community
Vertical Harvest, a 13,500 square foot, three-story hydroponic greenhouse in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, sells locally grown, fresh vegetables year round to local restaurants, grocery stores and directly to consumers through on-site sales. “I’ve always loved the idea of bringing back the local farmer, and it’s amazing to see the resurgence going on. Young people have become interested in farming again, as well as creating greater food security and sustainable production,” she says.
Beyond being an environmentally friendly and space efficient means of farming which benefits both the producer and consumer, Vertical Harvest also plays a large role in the local community and economy. The greenhouse provides meaningful employment to local residents with intellectual and physical disabilities in a fully integrated workplace. The program is designed to personalize the employment relationship between employee and employer in a way that meets the needs of both, recognizing the employee’s strengths, conditions, and interests.
Read more at Skift
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-19 CAN (ON): A look at spring veggies
- 2019-04-19 "If we leave on No Deal in October it will be at the worst time for these growers"
- 2019-04-19 How do you grow from 12 rows of strawberries to a company with more than 6 hectares?
- 2019-04-18 NG: "Deliver farm fresh produce to retail and display them properly"
- 2019-04-18 Malaysia: Paraplegic farmer realizes his dream of an aquaponic farm
- 2019-04-18 Italy: Thirteen hectares of lettuce grown on a floating system
- 2019-04-18 "It’s all about collecting data and using it properly"
- 2019-04-18 “Late Easter, good weather make for lots of radishes on the market”
- 2019-04-18 Belgium: Full LED lighting in new 10 hectare tomato greenhouse
- 2019-04-17 “The success of our niche cultivation mostly depends on an accumulation of coincidences”
- 2019-04-17 "We can sleep easy knowing the system is working well and alerting us if there is any issue"
- 2019-04-17 "We have now fully switched to German wild garlic"
- 2019-04-16 Hungary: New nursery brings total acreage Árpád-Agrár to 60 hectares
- 2019-04-16 Meet the 'Willy Wonka of tomatoes'
- 2019-04-16 US (CO): Fish power brings couple home to Montezuma County
- 2019-04-15 "We have to make cultivation more sustainable and communicate about it"
- 2019-04-15 "The world can't get enough of Turkish tomatoes"
- 2019-04-15 New commercial agreements for Enrosadira raspberries
- 2019-04-15 Video: The complexities of growing tomatoes
- 2019-04-12 Win €500K to develop your sustainable business