- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
Top 5 -yesterday
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
- First bananas harvested from Dutch greenhouse
- Market scan: Japan's modern greenhouse industry
- "Better to have a larger pipe with a small pump than vice versa"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Foliar applications increase yield but modulate tomato fruit quality
Plants were sprayed four times during the growing cycle with a solution containing 1, 3, and 3 mL·L−1 of PE, SWE, and PH, respectively. Foliar applications of biostimulants improved the early and total marketable yield of fresh tomato. The increase of total yield by PE, SWE, and PH was 11.7%, 6.6% and 7.0%, respectively, in comparison with untreated plants. Legume-derived PH increased lycopene, total soluble solids, and K and Mg contents, thereby increasing the nutritional value of the fruits.
The applications of SWE, and to a lesser degree PH, enhanced the Ca concentration in the fruit tissue. Our findings indicated that the three tested biostimulants, although they increased the total production cost, improved the nutrient status and yield performance of the crop to a level resulting in net economic benefits.
Access the full study at HortScience.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-12 Biostimulants improve the nutritional value of iceberg lettuce
- 2018-12-11 CAN (ON): Talking healthy roots with horticulture students
- 2018-12-10 The Soil Food Web for greenhouse production: bringing biology into the equation
- 2018-11-26 “New EU fertilizers regulation - Missed opportunity for the growing media industry?”
- 2018-11-23 CAN (ON): Renewed partnership provides environmental, economic solutions for growers
- 2018-11-14 Fertilizing tomatoes by using the toilet?
- 2018-11-06 US (CA): $1.1 million for projects to improve agricultural fertilizer management and water quality
- 2018-10-30 Qatar: International partnership throws weight behind test greenhouse
- 2018-10-23 TerraVesco Vermicompost now available in Canada
- 2018-10-11 How plants harness microbes to get nutrients
- 2018-10-10 US: MycoApply Ultrafine Endo now available in 1 lb. bags
- 2018-10-02 How biostimulants mediate plant growth promotion in tomato
- 2018-10-01 “Marketable yield growing thanks to biostimulants”
- 2018-09-25 Demonstration of Euclid innovation is on the run in Europe
- 2018-09-24 US (HI): Biochars improve nutrient phyto-availability of weathered soils
- 2018-09-24 US: Valent and Nufarm extend exclusive distribution agreement to 2023
- 2018-09-17 Study shows effects of fertilizing tomato with selenium
- 2018-09-14 "Economic benefits with CO2 foliar spray integrated into irrigation booms"
- 2018-08-27 CAN (QC): Helping growers implement sustainable agriculture practices
- 2018-08-23 Fertilizer Canada appoints Brian Mark (Nutrien) as Board of Directors Chair