- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Yellow pear tomato going strong for two centuries
It has been avidly grown by gardeners for more than two centuries.
Despite being called yellow pear, it is definitely not a pear but takes its name from being pear-shaped and bright golden yellow.
A prolifically fruiting cherry tomato first grown in Europe, it is the best known of a group of heritage tomatoes described as pear tomatoes.
There are similar red and orange fruit, along with a cultivar called beam’s yellow pear that is often grown in containers.
Possibly because of its novel colour compared to traditional red tomatoes, it became a favourite in the US after it was introduced there in the early 1800s.
Read more at The Weekly Times (Tony Fawcett)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 The Christmas tree you can eat
- 2018-12-10 Mexico: First roma tomatoes shipped from new greenhouse
- 2018-12-10 Strange trend - watching people eating crunchy vegetables
- 2018-12-10 "The humble carrot is the only British native in the Christmas dinner"
- 2018-12-05 New plug and play devices deliver dissolved oxygen to plant roots
- 2018-12-03 "Amblyseius-System becomes more eco-friendly"
- 2018-12-03 Recognition of innovative product idea for design and functionality
- 2018-11-30 Rack Item Optimizer (RIO) awarded patent
- 2018-11-30 Anthocyanin: Purple pigment fights disease
- 2018-11-29 Relaunched online platform showcases water conservation tech
- 2018-11-29 "New tray with long legs offers strawberry growers the ideal plant height"
- 2018-11-28 "Offered in eight colors, new LEDs enable faster plant growth, greater crop yield"
- 2018-11-27 "New modular LED system offers flexibility and high performance"
- 2018-11-19 An innovative drip irrigation system by Irritec
- 2018-11-16 Panasonic designs blinders for people in the office
- 2018-11-12 Grape tomatoes, the new pasta ingredient?
- 2018-11-06 Koppert Cress introduces Sweet Peeper
- 2018-11-05 "No strings attached"
- 2018-10-31 A magical spice that makes vegetables taste like bacon
- 2018-10-30 ‘Trio of lettuces’ concept revamped with varieties that grow at the same rate