- Candidates for Vice-President Operations - Ottawa (Ontario) Canada
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- From over 10,000 to a maximum of 6 settings: making growing easier
- AppHarvest breaks ground on second high-tech greenhouse
- “Our new X-AIR greenhouse is a sustainable, integrated, complete solution for optimising the climate”
- How to make fresh, safe, sustainable and locally grown leafy greens the new normal
- GreenTech Award winners announced
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- Controlling relative humidity to prevent powdery mildew
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
US (AL): Future Farm, Volunteers of America to build vertical farm
Future Farm has already secured site control of a facility in Mobile, Alabama and is in the process of completing that facility’s design and budget. The property consists of 21,123-sf under roof and 2.71 acres of land. The facility design is underway and is expected to be completed within 2-3 weeks.
The company has also identified a site and negotiations are under way with respect to the previously announced second location in Baltimore. This particular site is more accommodating to the company’s controlled environment agriculture technology and requires less construction build-out.
CBO Financial will act as the company’s financial advisor with respect to New Market Tax Credits (NMTC) and will be arranging for $4,000,000 in NMTC-based financing for the Alabama farm. The NMTC program is a $65 billion federal program designed to incentivize private investment in low-income communities. NMTCs are provided to financial institutions in exchange for equity investments that eligible businesses can use to subsidize project development costs. CBO Financial helps driven organizations, such as Future Farm, to finance facilities that will provide goods and services that benefit populations in need and revitalize communities.
“We see this second project with Volunteers of America and CBO Financial as a new and important milestone for Future Farm as it now positions us with almost 75,000 sq ft. of indoor urban farming, making us a major multi-state player in the rapidly growing vertical farming market,” says Mr. William Gildea, Future Farm’s CEO and Chairman. “Our goal was always to create impactful social and corporate programs that are mutually beneficial for all involved, from the community, to the company and our shareholders. Partnering with Volunteers of America and CBO Financial puts us in the position to achieve that goal.”
The primary objectives of all three locations (two in MD and one in AL) remain the same — establish economical and environmentally friendly vertical farms; provide job training opportunities (specifically to the VOA’s reentry program for ex-offenders in Baltimore, MD and to the mentally disadvantaged/formerly homeless community in Mobile, AL) as well as to the local communities of both; provide therapeutic programs, which will be expanded to the disabled population; support entrepreneurship development; and establish a model for replication at other reentry and social services facilities.
For more information:
Future Farm Technologies
342 Compass Circle
North Kingstown RI 02852
T: (617) 834-9467
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-26 Vertical farms keep popping up in Singapore
- 2020-10-26 Singapore's Akualogix makes the case for vertical urban shrimp farming
- 2020-10-23 How this indoor vertical farm makes perfect Japanese strawberries
- 2020-10-22 "Bring on the post-Brexit vertical farming revolution"
- 2020-10-20 New OEM-agreement for shelf-and-lighting panels for vertical farming
- 2020-10-20 Can vertical farming grow beyond herbs and leaves?
- 2020-10-19 Japan academia-industry body running online course on PFALs
- 2020-10-19 Inside Singapore’s huge bet on vertical farming
- 2020-10-16 LED lighting helps Canadian vertical farm to increase food production all year round
- 2020-10-16 "Sometimes greenhouses aren’t as efficient as you would think,"
- 2020-10-16 Tupperware helps astronauts grow food in space
- 2020-10-15 Plenty secures $140 million in Series D financing round
- 2020-10-14 Amazon Alexa Fund invests in vertical farming system for consumers
- 2020-10-14 US (KY): AppHarvest launches container farm at high school
- 2020-10-13 Driscoll’s and Plenty agree to grow strawberries indoors
- 2020-10-12 UK: Growing Underground to open new site on London’s outskirts
- 2020-10-09 Philippines: Partnership for aquaponics tech and center for urban agri
- 2020-10-09 Publix is helping people connect with their food through hydroponics
- 2020-10-09 CNBC takes a look at the future of vertical farming
- 2020-10-08 CAN (ON): Farm Boy deal just the beginning for indoor farming startup