- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
- B.C. partners with industry on energy efficiency at Delta greenhouse
- "Greenhouse campus a game changer for S.C. farming"
- PL Light Systems releases leafy greens crop guide
- Proprietary tomato plant that alerts farmer via iPhone when it's sick
- IGS signs significant export deal with Jungle to supply French retail market
Top 5 -last week
- "Spend less time on your controls, but more quality time with your plants"
- Agroparks in the U.S. - a horn of plenty for investors?
- Can biopesticides help to protect crops against whiteflies?
- Autonomous peroxide generation system promises crop boost
- “We are developing a sustainable technology that uses 75% less LED lighting”
Top 5 -last month
- “If we really want to make a change, we should intensively invest in innovation and technique in Africa”
- "Algorithm predicted irrigation need much better than I can with 38 years experience"
- US (VA): $17 million hydroponic greenhouse operation being planned
- Increasing yield, while improving plant quality and driving down energy costs
- Get your copy of the Greenhouse Guide
US (AL): Future Farm, Volunteers of America to build vertical farm
Future Farm has already secured site control of a facility in Mobile, Alabama and is in the process of completing that facility’s design and budget. The property consists of 21,123-sf under roof and 2.71 acres of land. The facility design is underway and is expected to be completed within 2-3 weeks.
The company has also identified a site and negotiations are under way with respect to the previously announced second location in Baltimore. This particular site is more accommodating to the company’s controlled environment agriculture technology and requires less construction build-out.
CBO Financial will act as the company’s financial advisor with respect to New Market Tax Credits (NMTC) and will be arranging for $4,000,000 in NMTC-based financing for the Alabama farm. The NMTC program is a $65 billion federal program designed to incentivize private investment in low-income communities. NMTCs are provided to financial institutions in exchange for equity investments that eligible businesses can use to subsidize project development costs. CBO Financial helps driven organizations, such as Future Farm, to finance facilities that will provide goods and services that benefit populations in need and revitalize communities.
“We see this second project with Volunteers of America and CBO Financial as a new and important milestone for Future Farm as it now positions us with almost 75,000 sq ft. of indoor urban farming, making us a major multi-state player in the rapidly growing vertical farming market,” says Mr. William Gildea, Future Farm’s CEO and Chairman. “Our goal was always to create impactful social and corporate programs that are mutually beneficial for all involved, from the community, to the company and our shareholders. Partnering with Volunteers of America and CBO Financial puts us in the position to achieve that goal.”
The primary objectives of all three locations (two in MD and one in AL) remain the same — establish economical and environmentally friendly vertical farms; provide job training opportunities (specifically to the VOA’s reentry program for ex-offenders in Baltimore, MD and to the mentally disadvantaged/formerly homeless community in Mobile, AL) as well as to the local communities of both; provide therapeutic programs, which will be expanded to the disabled population; support entrepreneurship development; and establish a model for replication at other reentry and social services facilities.
For more information:
Future Farm Technologies
342 Compass Circle
North Kingstown RI 02852
T: (617) 834-9467
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-18 Determining plant weight with photos
- 2020-09-17 Former sales associate now runs his own seedling business without owning land
- 2020-09-17 US (NC): Opportunity zones and criminal justice reform are changing lives in Wilmington
- 2020-09-17 Little Leaf Farms doubles greenhouse growing capacity and broadly expands across East Coast
- 2020-09-17 5 questions to answer before starting a vertical farm
- 2020-09-16 Infarm has launched on Vancouver Island
- 2020-09-16 Women prove age is no barrier to innovate farming enterprise
- 2020-09-15 Boosting Caribbean food security through climate-resilient greenhouse systems
- 2020-09-11 ModuleX Plant Factory produces basil at costs below €10/kg
- 2020-09-11 Certhon investigates indoor conditions for beef tomatoes
- 2020-09-10 Vertical mini-farm at Whole Foods Market in Manhattan West
- 2020-09-10 New Aponix plant plug holder
- 2020-09-10 “You cannot survive without data anymore”
- 2020-09-08 Is hydroponic farming actually sustainable?
- 2020-09-08 New US study says it may be time to re-think where crops are grown by 2045
- 2020-09-08 “We are developing a sustainable technology that uses 75% less LED lighting”
- 2020-09-07 Using wastewater for herb cultivation
- 2020-09-04 "There’s a huge potential in helping African countries become self-reliant and self-sufficient”
- 2020-09-03 The tech behind UAE's road to self sufficiency
- 2020-09-02 IKEA Korea launches Leap year of Sustainability in FY21