- Packhouse Manager - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Stress resistant and an out going person
- Office and Sales Administrator - Rotterdam
- Marketing and Administration Assistant - Sunraysia region, Mildura Victoria, Australia
- Grower (Hemp/Tomatoes/Cukes) - Monahans (Texas) USA
- Innovation Director - De Lier, Netherlands
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Account Manager Fleuristes France - Hollande du Nord
- Account Manager Benelux Team - Midden-Nederland
- Assistant Breeder - Moerstraten, Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
- 44-hectare greenhouse vegetable complex comes to Saudi Arabia
- Walking the energy tightrope between business and sustainability
- Bejo Zaden and Signify team up to accelerate breeding of more seed varieties
- "Cooling technology increases total plant yield of basil by 30%"
- Australian grower to build another 16 ha in the coming five years
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Newly developed partnership helps global vertical farming industry
- "Vertical Farming, the future for food production"
- "Suspension system provides more efficient cultivation of tomatoes and cucumbers"
- Rain demolishes over 200 hectare of Spanish greenhouses
- CAN (ON): 45,000 sq. ft. vertical farm opens in Guelph
Columbia graduates kickstart new hydroponic bottle project
The small cylindrical device fits inside the neck of a bottle, where it creates an optimal environment for seed germination. As the plant matures its roots grow down into the bottle, allowing the plant to water itself and thereby avoiding the number 1 reason most indoor gardens don’t last long (forgetful owners!).
Unlike other grow kits on the market today that cost hundreds of dollars and come with sophisticated lights and automation – the World’s Smallest Garden is designed to be accessible for everyone. This is a gateway product intended to help newcomers into the world of urban farming. No green thumbs necessary! It will sell for between $9 and $15 in a 3-pack on Kickstarter.
Set up is simple. Just fill a bottle with water, insert the garden, and you’re ready to grow. The product will be launched on Kickstarter on May 22, in a campaign that will run for 30 days.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-13 UK retailer starts growing herbs within the supermarket
- 2019-09-12 Yamaha investment boss interested in vertical farming companies
- 2019-09-12 UK: Using vertical farming to brew beer
- 2019-09-11 CAN (ON): 45,000 sq. ft. vertical farm opens in Guelph
- 2019-09-04 Urban farming takes off in Germany
- 2019-09-03 Newly developed partnership helps global vertical farming industry
- 2019-09-03 Is indoor vertical farming better for the environment and consumers?
- 2019-09-02 "Vertical Farming, the future for food production"
- 2019-09-02 US (UT): Commercial, indoor strawberry farm coming to Murray
- 2019-09-02 Sustainable farming on the rise in UAE
- 2019-08-30 Plants ready to go in at new Russian indoor farm
- 2019-08-29 Looking for urban farming 'silver bullet' in China
- 2019-08-26 Offering efficiency and scalability in vertical farming
- 2019-08-23 US (NY): Why farming is moving indoors
- 2019-08-22 US (VA): CIT GAP funds invests in on-demand modular farming
- 2019-08-22 US (MI): Conveyor systems to improve vertical farming efficiency
- 2019-08-21 Crop One and Sananbio to jointly develop vertical farms
- 2019-08-20 Uganda holds first ever aquaponics awards
- 2019-08-20 Will vertical farms tackle the world's growing food crisis?
- 2019-08-20 How to feed 10 billion people?