- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
- From war zone to award-winning coconut coir factory
- "I used to sell millions of heads of lettuce a year; not anymore"
- The coupling of nanotechnology and luminescent films to optimize greenhouse light quality
- Water droplets smaller than a human hair
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- "Vertical farming won’t replace all greenhouse production, but it’s more a combination of all of them"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- "Vertical farming is not the answer for all of humanity's woes"
US (CA): UC Riverside's greenhouse starts trial with pink solar roof
The greenhouse will serve as a laboratory to probe the solar energy production, plant growth and costs of growing food in such systems, said Jeff Kaplan, a UCR associate vice chancellor.
"We see this as a strategy to use land for solar energy while simultaneously using it for agriculture," said Kaplan, who oversees UCR's sustainability programs.
The solar panels at UCR will charge a battery in the 800-square-foot greenhouse. The goal is for the system to make and store all the electricity the building needs without a connection to the campus electricity network. The construction budget is $174,000 with about $15,000 of that going for the panels, added Scott Donnell, a UCR project manager.
The university expects the greenhouse to be constructed in about two months, Donnell said. The researchers have yet to be named.
Read more at The Press Enterprise
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-20 How to optimize a greenhouse for social distancing
- 2020-10-20 'Dog legs' couldn't stop this greenhouse project
- 2020-10-20 Project to analyze the use of Turbofog fogging system in intensive greenhouse crops
- 2020-10-20 Corona gives boost to Dutch greenhouse builder in China
- 2020-10-20 Scientists work in Arizona to reshape desert food production
- 2020-10-20 CAN (AB): Brooks Greenhouse gives scientists space to test crops and new tech
- 2020-10-20 US (LA): Community helps rebuild greenhouse after damage from storms
- 2020-10-19 Building high-tech in Ghana
- 2020-10-16 Melons ripe in unheated greenhouse in the Arctic region
- 2020-10-16 Republic of Yakutia expects a record harvest of cucumbers, tomatoes and greens
- 2020-10-16 First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
- 2020-10-16 'BCAs are your little employees, treat them like that'
- 2020-10-15 US (KY): Kentucky Fresh Harvest cuts ribbon on new high-tech greenhouse
- 2020-10-14 Tiny greenhouse shows effects of climate change
- 2020-10-14 Russia: Greenhouse arises in permafrost region
- 2020-10-13 Transforming extra light incidence into better production
- 2020-10-13 Canada announces funding under Indigenous Agriculture and Food Systems Initiative
- 2020-10-13 Diffusion of sunlight in the vineyard protected by hollow glass microspheres
- 2020-10-12 "We accidentally discovered the film lets through more PAR light”
- 2020-10-12 Kazakhstan: Greenhouses worth 21 billion tenge to appear in Shymkent