- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
- Maintenance Manager - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pure Harvest plans UAE tomato farm after $1.1m investment
Under the plans, the company will establish a 3.3-hectare farm site in Nahel where it will establish the country’s first high-tech commercial-scale greenhouse for year-round tomato production.
Pure Harvest will also establish regional offices in financial zone Abu Dhabi Global Market led by founder and CEO Sky Kurtz and co-founder, director and local partner Mahmoud Adi.
The company’s “semi-closed climate controlled growing system” has been purpose-built to overcome the challenges of year-round production in the GCC, according to the firm.
The method can be used for a variety of crops including tomatoes, capsicums, cucumbers, eggplants and strawberries.
The company said it intends to supply premium produce to retailers, airlines and hospitality distributors to replace imported and seasonal fruit and vegetables.
Read more at Gulf Business
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-24 Belgium: Grower goes for agrotourism instead of larger greenhouse
- 2019-04-23 A bus converted into a greenhouse that provides fresh vegetables
- 2019-04-23 German grower halves electricity consumption
- 2019-04-19 CAN (ON): A look at spring veggies
- 2019-04-19 "If we leave on No Deal in October it will be at the worst time for these growers"
- 2019-04-19 How do you grow from 12 rows of strawberries to a company with more than 6 hectares?
- 2019-04-18 NG: "Deliver farm fresh produce to retail and display them properly"
- 2019-04-18 Malaysia: Paraplegic farmer realizes his dream of an aquaponic farm
- 2019-04-18 Italy: Thirteen hectares of lettuce grown on a floating system
- 2019-04-18 "It’s all about collecting data and using it properly"
- 2019-04-18 “Late Easter, good weather make for lots of radishes on the market”
- 2019-04-18 Belgium: Full LED lighting in new 10 hectare tomato greenhouse
- 2019-04-17 “The success of our niche cultivation mostly depends on an accumulation of coincidences”
- 2019-04-17 "We can sleep easy knowing the system is working well and alerting us if there is any issue"
- 2019-04-17 "We have now fully switched to German wild garlic"
- 2019-04-16 Hungary: New nursery brings total acreage Árpád-Agrár to 60 hectares
- 2019-04-16 Meet the 'Willy Wonka of tomatoes'
- 2019-04-16 US (CO): Fish power brings couple home to Montezuma County
- 2019-04-15 "We have to make cultivation more sustainable and communicate about it"
- 2019-04-15 "The world can't get enough of Turkish tomatoes"