- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
- From war zone to award-winning coconut coir factory
- "I used to sell millions of heads of lettuce a year; not anymore"
- The coupling of nanotechnology and luminescent films to optimize greenhouse light quality
- Water droplets smaller than a human hair
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- "Vertical farming won’t replace all greenhouse production, but it’s more a combination of all of them"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- "Vertical farming is not the answer for all of humanity's woes"
Pure Harvest plans UAE tomato farm after $1.1m investment
Under the plans, the company will establish a 3.3-hectare farm site in Nahel where it will establish the country’s first high-tech commercial-scale greenhouse for year-round tomato production.
Pure Harvest will also establish regional offices in financial zone Abu Dhabi Global Market led by founder and CEO Sky Kurtz and co-founder, director and local partner Mahmoud Adi.
The company’s “semi-closed climate controlled growing system” has been purpose-built to overcome the challenges of year-round production in the GCC, according to the firm.
The method can be used for a variety of crops including tomatoes, capsicums, cucumbers, eggplants and strawberries.
The company said it intends to supply premium produce to retailers, airlines and hospitality distributors to replace imported and seasonal fruit and vegetables.
Read more at Gulf Business
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-20 Key points of choosing grow lights for greenhouses
- 2020-10-20 Energy student looking for internship in hydro- or aeroponic farm
- 2020-10-20 US (VA): Migrant workers restricted to farms under one grower’s virus lockdown
- 2020-10-19 Tech-magnate Jack Ma visits Dezhou greenhouse
- 2020-10-15 US (NY): Ultra-local Brooklyn-based aquaponics operation has national agenda
- 2020-10-15 How heirloom vegetables have helped a UAE farm flourish in the desert
- 2020-10-14 New Jersey Department of Agriculture recognizes farmers in Farm to School program
- 2020-10-09 Food production in Africa: Aquaponic farming
- 2020-10-09 "I grew tomatoes with the heat from my crypto-mining PC"
- 2020-10-07 Jubilees Dutch eggplant grower Gebr. van Duijn going back in time
- 2020-10-07 "We can grow fruit vegetables year-round because of our international customer base"
- 2020-10-06 "Raspberries in the summer in the desert? No way!"
- 2020-10-05 Prominent continues with Moroccan snack tomato grower QualiPrim
- 2020-10-02 Queensland equine dentist grows fish and vegetables in backyard
- 2020-10-01 "My dad wasn't very good at washing clothes"
- 2020-09-30 Finland: Hattula berry farm made raspberry cultivation a top business
- 2020-09-29 Agtech company targets Texas for world’s largest lettuce greenhouse
- 2020-09-28 Doef's Greenhouses adds more greenhouses
- 2020-09-28 Another highly educated agronomist joined Teplichny
- 2020-09-25 More New Zealanders set to have access to premium herbs thanks to new online and delivery service