- Fresh Produce Trader - Den Haag, Netherlands
- Sales manager Europe
- Sales Representative - Northern Lower Michigan, USA
- Sales Representative - Florida, USA
- Business Development Manager Grapes, Citrus and Mangoes - Maasdijk, The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Grower’s Assistant - Hawaii, USA
- Glasshouse Labour Supervisor - Warragul, Australia
- Project Implementation Coordinator - Amman, Jordan
- Technical Services Manager
- Senior Grower tomatoes - Denmark
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- US: Legal action to prohibit hydroponic operations from Organic label
- "Plastic panels solution for floating hydroponic systems"
- Mucci Farms responds to public’s concern about grow lights
- Tomato brown rugose fruit virus bothers growers all over the world
- New LED-fixture: 15% more light output and a 15% efficiency improvement
Pure Harvest plans UAE tomato farm after $1.1m investment
Under the plans, the company will establish a 3.3-hectare farm site in Nahel where it will establish the country’s first high-tech commercial-scale greenhouse for year-round tomato production.
Pure Harvest will also establish regional offices in financial zone Abu Dhabi Global Market led by founder and CEO Sky Kurtz and co-founder, director and local partner Mahmoud Adi.
The company’s “semi-closed climate controlled growing system” has been purpose-built to overcome the challenges of year-round production in the GCC, according to the firm.
The method can be used for a variety of crops including tomatoes, capsicums, cucumbers, eggplants and strawberries.
The company said it intends to supply premium produce to retailers, airlines and hospitality distributors to replace imported and seasonal fruit and vegetables.
Read more at Gulf Business
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-02-20 Growing strawberries and pot chrysanthemums to use greenhouse year round
- 2019-02-20 Hydroponic vegetable farms on Johannesburg’s rooftops
- 2019-02-20 Spain: Edible micro vegetables without soil or sun
- 2019-02-19 Netherlands: Water quality award for tomato grower
- 2019-02-15 CAN (AB): Ornamental plant grower opens hydroponic lettuce greenhouse
- 2019-02-15 A peek inside a large Iranian greenhouse
- 2019-02-15 "Disrupting big agriculture means taking your crops indoors"
- 2019-02-15 US (WI): Outdoor Wisconsin features Nelson and Pade Aquaponics
- 2019-02-14 "Autonomous cultivation is going to be the basis of climate control"
- 2019-02-13 LettUs Grow named best “tech-for-good” startup in the UK
- 2019-02-13 "Growing Asian vegetables in Portugal looks promising"
- 2019-02-13 "Looking for a 5 ha expansion in Ras-al-Khaimah"
- 2019-02-12 Matthias Draek is Landgard Grower of the Year
- 2019-02-11 New construction Sweet Lions completed on time in spite of tight planning
- 2019-02-11 Netherlands: Camera footage leads to prosecution in horticulture heroin case
- 2019-02-11 Sowing and harvesting fresh salad every single day, all year round.
- 2019-02-08 UK: LSA CT Fellowship Scheme started
- 2019-02-06 US (VT): Local produce is still on the food scene in winter
- 2019-02-05 "Picked fresh daily and on shelves the same day"
- 2019-02-05 Vietnam: 1,900 farms get VietGAP certified