- Supply Chain Assistant – Netherlands
- Plant Science R&D Technician - Brooklyn (New York) USA
- Head Grower - Alberta, Canada
- Account Manager
- Lead IoT Engineer - KAUST near Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Quality Assurance System Manager
- Junior Quality Control Technician
- Regional Sales Manager - Root, Switzerland
- Horticulture Specialist - Guelph (Ontario) Canada
- Technical Director - Brussels, Belgium
Top 5 -yesterday
- "With a 4 or 5 month crop cycle, growers can carry out 2 to 3 cycles per year"
- Growing fruit trees and grapevines in unheated greenhouses: the benefits
- “We removed winter strawberries from our shelves, to please our clients”
- Investors sue Bayer over purchase Monsanto
- UK: Increased need for heat protection on isle of Wight
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pure Harvest plans UAE tomato farm after $1.1m investment
Under the plans, the company will establish a 3.3-hectare farm site in Nahel where it will establish the country’s first high-tech commercial-scale greenhouse for year-round tomato production.
Pure Harvest will also establish regional offices in financial zone Abu Dhabi Global Market led by founder and CEO Sky Kurtz and co-founder, director and local partner Mahmoud Adi.
The company’s “semi-closed climate controlled growing system” has been purpose-built to overcome the challenges of year-round production in the GCC, according to the firm.
The method can be used for a variety of crops including tomatoes, capsicums, cucumbers, eggplants and strawberries.
The company said it intends to supply premium produce to retailers, airlines and hospitality distributors to replace imported and seasonal fruit and vegetables.
Read more at Gulf Business
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-01-27 "Fewer root diseases since the roots are no longer in contact with the drain water"
- 2021-01-26 California grower partners with dietitian to inspire wellness in 2021
- 2021-01-26 Bronx's Hunts Point Produce Market workers strike over wage dispute
- 2021-01-21 Bill Gates becomes largest farmland owner in the US
- 2021-01-21 Jersey potato farmers fly in Filipino workers
- 2021-01-21 The remarkable potential of cattail cultivation
- 2021-01-21 "Being publicly traded will help us reach our goal of 12 greenhouse facilities by 2025"
- 2021-01-20 Kenyan growers making good money from traditional vegetables
- 2021-01-19 Indian actress shows off her soilless backyard farm
- 2021-01-19 US: Cultivating beautiful flowers and greenhouse vegetables at Castle Hayne Farms
- 2021-01-18 Texas-based greenhouse grower adds to board of directors
- 2021-01-15 Victoria growers forced to dump $150,000 worth of celery due to labor shortage
- 2021-01-13 Rwanda pepper growers struggle to find market
- 2021-01-12 Kenyan vegetable growers expect economic boom due to schools reopening
- 2021-01-08 The importance of collaboration for a sustainable future
- 2021-01-08 Almeria's producers happy with post-Brexit agreement
- 2021-01-07 UK seasonal visas for fruit and vegetable pickers to be trebled
- 2021-01-06 Survey to provide insight on emerging indoor farming trends and challenges now live
- 2021-01-06 There's a new soft fruit player in Europe
- 2021-01-05 Japan: Growers struggle with vegetable oversupply & tumbling prices