- Head Grower - Berries, New Zealand
- Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Africa Fruit Export Sales Manager (Africa Division)
- Fruit Export Junior Sales Manager (Europe Division)
- Horticulture Production Manager
- Farm Manager (Cherries) - BC, Canada
- Process / Application Engineer - Water Treatment
- Lead of Irrigation - Warren, MI USA
- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Sales agents / representatives
Top 5 -yesterday
- What do papayas, vanilla and black pepper have in common?
- Recirculating hydroponics and robotic technology to save on fertigation and labour
- Downloading water tanks from across the world
- British raspberry breeding programme results in three new varieties
- Vladimir Putin wants to increase grower support
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Strawberry growers take production up in the air to answer market demand
- Tomatoes and cucumbers in a vertical farm without daylight
- Indian aquaponic growers have big plans for organic produce
- Israeli vertical farms in New York
- "Organic growers want to add microorganisms or bio-fertilizers without changing the EC"
NL: First water purification of AgroZonesystem now certified
The installation is based on 100% ozone technique. Under the name HortiZone, this purifier is marketed in various capacities. The certification was realized by Wageningen UR, spearheaded by Jim van Ruijven.
Ozone is one of the most environmentally friendly techniques. The purification installation is based on 100% ozone oxidation. No consumables, like activated carbon, hydrogen peroxide, chloride, catalysts or coated ceramic grains, are needed. Just electricity and compressed air.
Agrozone supplies the HortiZone in two types. The basic model with a 0.7m3/h capacity is just a bit bigger than a euro pallet, and is provided in a 230V model, keeping energy costs low.
A PLUS model is also available, which can double as a disinfector. In addition to full disinfection of your drainwater, it also results in a significant increase of oxygen in the irrigation water. This decreases disease pressure around the roots, stimulates beneficial organisms, improves nutrient absorption and keeps pipes and drip systems cleaner. A big plus of using ozone as a disinfector is that it also removes growth inhibitors and root exudates from the water.
Sodium and nitrogen removal
For zero emission in 2027, a purification step has been developed to remove sodium and nitrogen. This unit can be placed behind the HortiZone. The residues from this purification are reusable fertilizers. So Agrozone is future-proof.
Individual or collective
With certified purification capacities of 0.7m3/h to 10m3/h, this installation can be used for individual applications, but also for collectives. Larger capacities are always bespoke.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-29 Downloading water tanks from across the world
- 2020-05-25 "We can go home, but the plants can’t"
- 2020-05-25 "Organic growers want to add microorganisms or bio-fertilizers without changing the EC"
- 2020-05-19 "Dozens of hectares, 300,000 m2 of glass, and over a million kg of steel"
- 2020-05-18 East-West Seed distributes tons of vegetables to frontliners and communities
- 2020-05-15 Meet Robin, RoboRobin
- 2020-05-14 Nanobubble technology brought to Latin America
- 2020-05-14 Less evaporation and algae growth in a closed basin
- 2020-05-13 Choosing the right grow light system
- 2020-05-07 Elektravon Horticulture focuses on export: helping international growers
- 2020-05-05 Syngenta's demo greenhouse in the Netherlands christened 'Tomato Vision'
- 2020-05-04 “We experience fewer issues in cultivation and save energy”
- 2020-05-04 How does COVID-19 affect the greenhouse industry?
- 2020-05-04 Farmshelf unveils consumer-facing vertical farming unit
- 2020-05-04 Preventative maintenance program for growth chambers launched
- 2020-05-01 "Staying positive together and keeping the sector going"
- 2020-04-24 "It’s essential for our men to be present at the projects"
- 2020-04-23 Improving crop production with innovative customised microbes
- 2020-04-22 Open access horticulture luminaire calculator
- 2020-04-22 "In five years we'll have grown by 50 percent again"