- Head of Sales
- Sales/Business development Manager - Floriculture - Kunming, China
- Sales Manager and Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Grower Support Manager (Blueberries) - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Finance Director - Ukraine
- Breeder (MSc) - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
Top 5 -yesterday
- France: "Local cultivation is more than the right postal code"
- Machine locates fruits and measures level of ripeness
- Farm identified as source of romaine lettuce E. coli O157:H7 outbreak
- Indoor farming topic of discussion after Dutch farm bankruptcy
- CAN (ON): Aquaponic cannabis grower expands with two new facilities
Top 5 -last week
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
- Georgia: Cucumber grower installs new grow lights for high quality winter crop
- 2018 Winter Light Greenhouse harvest: 122 kg cucumbers per square meter
- “Indoor farming is about producing an economic product by using technology”
Top 5 -last month
Froosh-Anna Hagemann Rise:
"Why we need a rethink in the fight against global poverty"
"With all of these programs to help poverty, we need to question, is it a good thing? I believe that we need to make a public-private partnership to make real sustainable change."
She urged that the best way to fight extreme poverty is to support the farmers; by buying their goods and making it easier for them to sell their products.
"There are still a lot of trade barriers that the media has forgotten. It is still extremely difficult for these small farmers to do trade with western countries, with all of the tariffs, trade barriers, quotas, and so much bureaucracy, it makes it almost impossible for poor countries to be involved in trade to improve their situation."
Anna also warned that although the trend for buying locally is very big right now, many consumers are using the labels to tell them whether it's good or not. She said that unfortunately they are not getting the true picture, labels are just labels. It is often more of a business decision and there are big advertising agencies who are creating this awareness as a form of marketing.
"I am encouraging you to scratch the surface of things and keep the bigger picture in mind. All aid is not bad, all trade is not good, all labels are not bad either and it is all one big mess and it is not very easy to find out the truth, but we have the responsibility to do so. The world is not black and white, it is very colourful and we need to take advantage of that and make better choices and be better citizens in order to make real change."
For more information:
Anna Hagerman Rise
Tel: +45 32 46 07 00
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-18 Young, urban target groups in the limelight
- 2018-12-18 "The euphoria over snack vegetables has given way to reality"
- 2018-12-17 Stimulating fresh fruit & vegetable consumption in Europe
- 2018-12-11 The dream of a perfect climate
- 2018-11-28 CAN (ON): Fresh from the Farm grows food awareness and raises funds
- 2018-11-27 Jiffy reorganizes marketing department
- 2018-11-23 "Omni-channel retail is bad for produce brands ... currently"
- 2018-11-19 Isolcell in Bolzano to present its sanitizing and ethylene-reducing solutions
- 2018-11-15 European Commission makes available €191 million to promote agri-food products
- 2018-11-14 The 3 most important factors for a profitable farm
- 2018-11-06 Veggie butchers should be called ‘vegetable craftsmen’
- 2018-10-30 Kroger predicts 2019 food trends
- 2018-10-24 Fashion in the greenhouse
- 2018-10-24 How to sell produce to distributors
- 2018-10-24 Reducing post-harvest losses of tomatoes and romaine lettuce
- 2018-10-22 "Be transparent and tell your story"
- 2018-10-18 Spanish growers join forces to market Adora tomatoes
- 2018-10-17 €172 million to promote EU agri-food products in and outside the EU
- 2018-10-17 Organic specialty salad producer to launch new products at PMA
- 2018-10-15 Five lessons from the Australian strawberry needle crisis