- Assistant Manager - Perth, Tasmania
- Laboratory Manager: Nematology - Stevensville (ON) Canada
- CEO for Tissue Culture Lab - Indonesia
- Sales Engineer North America
- European market Sales Representative: Cut Flower crops
- Head Grower - Niagara-on-the-Lake (ON) Canada
- “Mayesh” Sales Representative - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Buyer - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Berry Grower - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- AppHarvest's harvest robot picks snack tomatoes in Dutch Greenco greenhouse
- Tomato cultivation declines across Europe due to high costs and ToBRV
- Humid autumn challenges propagators on lit tomato crops
- "Alternative tools to manage insect pest outbreaks have never been more important"
- Israel: Taking away the hurdles for growers to start indoor vanilla orchid cultivation
Top 5 -last month
Organic biochar increases yields for conventional growers
Carbon Gold’s Biology Blend is a growing additive suitable for conventional, hydroponic and organic cultivation systems. The product is a blend of biochar, bacteria, fungi and trace elements that boosts yields by improving plant health and increasing the efficiency of nutrient uptake.
The product has been tested in both organic soils and a range of conventional substrates including coir, rockwool and peat by UK and European growers over the last three seasons.
Biochar is a highly porous form of charcoal that improves water retention and nutrient efficiency and acts as a host for beneficial soil microbes. Biology Blend is enriched with mycorrhizal and trichoderma fungi which, in combination with biochar, creates a healthy living growing-medium around the root systems of plants.
James MacPhail, Commercial Director at Carbon Gold, says, “Conventional growers are increasingly looking to organics for best practice in terms of soil management. It’s logical that increasing natural biology in a sterile substrate to improve root morphology should increase the health and yield of the plants being grown.
“Bringing an organic Soil Association and SKAL approved product into the conventional market place is in line with our strategy to support the sustainable intensification of commercial horticulture. This new product can be applied in all substrates and we challenge glasshouse growers to try it in their systems and put the product to the test.”
Carbon Gold can be found at stand 08.307 at Greentech, June 14th – 16th.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-25 US: Substrate scientist to study future of soilless systems
- 2021-10-19 Strawberry substrate production systems: a review by Omafra
- 2021-10-15 The benefits of coco coir in hydroponics
- 2021-10-15 New gel growing medium for better propagator growth announced
- 2021-10-14 "Horticulture sector abandoned by government's inaction"
- 2021-10-13 "Philippines offer great potential for coco substrate market"
- 2021-10-12 "Growing more quality with less, AgTech in hydroponics is part of the solution”
- 2021-09-30 Belgian retailer reuses bread waste to grow mushrooms
- 2021-09-20 Substrata announces the launch of online store
- 2021-08-25 More sustainable substrates are now equal to peat and rock wool
- 2021-08-17 US: Achievements in researching soilless substrates
- 2021-08-16 “We have seen that our berry varieties perform better in these pots"
- 2021-08-13 Substrate specialists meet online on 26 August
- 2021-08-13 "Showing the germination rates convinced growers to use our pellets"
- 2021-08-12 Hydroponic system proven beneficial for root development
- 2021-08-11 "Once people see the benefits of new technologies, they wonder why they didn’t start sooner"
- 2021-07-23 "Expanding our warehouses and our distributing network"
- 2021-07-21 "A good distribution of the roots is highly relevant"
- 2021-07-14 "Strawberry Green for the best & fastest rooting"
- 2021-07-12 "New wetting agent allows growers to improve profit with reduced water costs.”