- Lighting Applications Specialist - Beamsville (Ontario) Canada
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Soft Fruit
- IPM Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Labor Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Human Resources Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Assistant Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- Head Grower - Morehead (KY) USA
- General Manager - Morehead (KY) USA
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist - Hallam, Victoria, Australia
- Maintenance Manager - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
For Tyler, the H in Horticulture is for Humor
Baras ran several hydroponic operations and organic farms and was featured as a regular contributor to PBS gardening show Dig In. As well as this, he makes videos for the online magazine of Urban Ag News.
In 2015 he founded his own company; Farmer Tyler LLC, a company specialized in providing consultancy in urban agriculture, hydroponics and greenhouse production.
As Farmer Tyler, Baras makes the most hilarious, but very educational videos on plant science, which he regularly publishes on his YouTube Channel.
From simple basics to more complicated matters, Baras is gifted with the talent to explain the most difficult stuff with a lot of humor. Have a look at one of his most recent uploads in which Farmer Tyler explains the basics of thigmomorphogenesis. Thigmowhat?... Well look at the video!
For more: www.farmertyler.com
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-04-24 Belgium: Grower goes for agrotourism instead of larger greenhouse
- 2019-04-23 A bus converted into a greenhouse that provides fresh vegetables
- 2019-04-23 German grower halves electricity consumption
- 2019-04-19 CAN (ON): A look at spring veggies
- 2019-04-19 "If we leave on No Deal in October it will be at the worst time for these growers"
- 2019-04-19 How do you grow from 12 rows of strawberries to a company with more than 6 hectares?
- 2019-04-18 NG: "Deliver farm fresh produce to retail and display them properly"
- 2019-04-18 Malaysia: Paraplegic farmer realizes his dream of an aquaponic farm
- 2019-04-18 Italy: Thirteen hectares of lettuce grown on a floating system
- 2019-04-18 "It’s all about collecting data and using it properly"
- 2019-04-18 “Late Easter, good weather make for lots of radishes on the market”
- 2019-04-18 Belgium: Full LED lighting in new 10 hectare tomato greenhouse
- 2019-04-17 “The success of our niche cultivation mostly depends on an accumulation of coincidences”
- 2019-04-17 "We can sleep easy knowing the system is working well and alerting us if there is any issue"
- 2019-04-17 "We have now fully switched to German wild garlic"
- 2019-04-16 Hungary: New nursery brings total acreage Árpád-Agrár to 60 hectares
- 2019-04-16 Meet the 'Willy Wonka of tomatoes'
- 2019-04-16 US (CO): Fish power brings couple home to Montezuma County
- 2019-04-15 "We have to make cultivation more sustainable and communicate about it"
- 2019-04-15 "The world can't get enough of Turkish tomatoes"