- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Mexico: Mauricio Ricaud starts new consultancy and development group
Mauricio Ricaud informed us that RGH is dedicated to promoting the growth and production of fruits and vegetables under controlled environments in Mexico and abroad; in both low, medium and high tech greenhouses.
"I truly believe that the greenhouse industry in Mexico has a big potential for growth, because of the opportunity that we have with the US and Canadian markets. They are demanding more and more produce coming from Mexican greenhouses all year round. We have the experience, good labor and good technicians available in order to achieve the best productions per square meter. Also, our knowledge and greenhouse technique enables Mexican growers to achieve high quality standards that fulfill the international food safety certifications."
At the moment, the RGH Consulting Group is working on projects at several locations; from the State of Queretaro to the state of Aguascalientes. They cover expansion of existing greenhouse growers as well as new projects, and are in the mid and high tech segment. Ricaud explained that these projects vary in size from two to four hectares. "About 50% of our projects are dedicated to producing tomatoes, and the other 50% to peppers, including specialties."
Ricaud's RGH Consulting Group is also present in Guatemala providing technical and management support to different producers. "We will start working in Los Cabos, in the state of Baja California Sur in May, giving consultancy to a grower who is willing to produce organic specialty tomatoes for the export market, Canada and the US.
In addition to this, one of our projects is taking place in the state of Tamaulipas with a producer currently growing open field Roma tomatoes, onions and jalapeño peppers, with the intention of moving some of his potential to protected agriculture. Furthermore, we found a very interesting project that we will create a business plan for: 5 hectares of mid tech greenhouses in Valle de Bravo in the State of Mexico."
Most of the projects are supported by many of RGH's partners as suppliers, consultants and builders. RGH has several commercial partnerships with greenhouse supply companies from around the world like Priva, Netafim, Filclair, Circle Logistics, FormFlex, The Viscon Group, Top Line, AI Asesores, Svensson, SIAN, CIMQRO, Viveros Biota, and Dry Foods.
For more information:
RGH Consulting Group
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-28 PV shade screens for greenhouses, agrivoltaics
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation