- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Autonomous Greenhouse Manager
- Sales & Product representative Pot & Garden USA
- Supervisor International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Director Of Growing - Carleton (MI) USA
- Greenhouse Manager - Cleburne (TX) USA
- Growing Manager young vegetable plants
- Sales Agents / Representatives - Germany
- Lead Grower California USA
- Produce Construction Manager - USA
Top 5 -last week
- First semi-closed greenhouse completed in Shanghai in late October
- From war zone to award-winning coconut coir factory
- "I used to sell millions of heads of lettuce a year; not anymore"
- The coupling of nanotechnology and luminescent films to optimize greenhouse light quality
- Water droplets smaller than a human hair
Top 5 -last month
- Using LED grow lights and less irrigation makes stronger plants
- "Deep Water Culture continues to give encouraging results"
- "Vertical farming won’t replace all greenhouse production, but it’s more a combination of all of them"
- Lettuce in a hydroponic system: 100% organic nutrients
- "Vertical farming is not the answer for all of humanity's woes"
Spanish growers investing in high end greenhouses to meet export quality
According to Leonardo Juarez of Spanish greenhouse builder J.Huete International, this is the result of the fact that more Spanish growers are shifting their focus to export markets.
"Growers who focus on the export market are required to meet the highest quality standards. They need to produce fruits that are very consistent in shape, size and color. Many of the growers therefore invested in high tech greenhouses and technology, in order to provide their crops with the best climatic environment possible, year round."
For J.Huete this means a lot of business in their home market; while the company manufactures and exports their complete greenhouse projects all over the world, they have a steady flow of business coming from installations in Spain. "Last year for example, we completed a total of 30 hectares for organic grower and marketer Bio Sabor in Almeria."
"We install dedicated technology, helping them to achieve the best results. Depending on where the project is located we furthermore can add additional technology like screening, fogging systems, butterfly ventilation and supplemental heating systems. We deliver everything turnkey, working with the most respected suppliers of climate control and greenhouse technology."
But despite the positive situation on their home market, J.Huete stays focused on the export markets too. They currently have branch offices all over the world and are active in a total of 28 countries.
"For us, the export and domestic market is usually divided over 60%-70% export and 30%-40% domestic. It changes somewhat every other year. However, we expect an increase of business on the export markets, and 2016 will be a busy year for our company."
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-10-22 Fighting poverty in China with greenhouses
- 2020-10-21 New "Tomato Monitor" website launched to help enforce Tomato Suspension Agreement
- 2020-10-21 Predicting quality of tomato seedlings
- 2020-10-21 SwarmFarm raises $3.2 million to develop open platform for ag robotics
- 2020-10-21 Canadian company launches new labelling technology line
- 2020-10-21 From over 10,000 to a maximum of 6 settings: making growing easier
- 2020-10-20 "Revolutionary infrared root zone heating system"
- 2020-10-20 "The Smart Farming Solution for farmers"
- 2020-10-20 Improved Daily Light Integrals with satellite data
- 2020-10-20 Remote monitoring and control for the data driven cold container chain
- 2020-10-19 A sustainable data-driven strategy for maximizing yields
- 2020-10-19 New Smart Freight system only ready to be rolled out from mid-December
- 2020-10-16 "Our goal is to make all our processes circular"
- 2020-10-15 UK: Innovative AgriFood Tech companies looking for investors
- 2020-10-15 Interpretation and evaluation of electrical lighting in plant factories
- 2020-10-15 Pylot is further expanding its software platform and introduces benchmarking
- 2020-10-15 Indicator species analysis: A useful tool for plant disease studies
- 2020-10-15 VEK Adviesgroep joins investment group Atrium Agri: adapting to changing horticultural industry
- 2020-10-14 Reversed osmosis in combination with Artificial Intelligence
- 2020-10-14 DesignLights Consortium seeks comments on draft updates to horticultural lighting technical requirements