- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Little Leaf Farms goes on expansion spree
- 30 vintage Jaguars found in old greenhouse
- "Spain must take ToBRFV seriously to prevent tomato cultivation from being threatened"
- From 10 to 20 to 40 acres
- "Following the online water content in the substrate will improve irrigation efficiency significantly"
Top 5 -last month
China: Sino European project too boost local production on Hainan
The greenhouse complex is owned by Sino-European horticulture company Hainan Runda, a company that has already invested in smaller greenhouse production on the island in the past; they have established a market, and due to increased local demand for safely grown quality produce in the region and Hong Kong district, they now want to lift everything to the next level by investing in even more advanced production. As well as this, they hope that advanced protected cropping will take off in the region by creating awareness of sustainable and efficient production. By serving as one of the pioneers in this region, the group hopes to inspire other entrepreneurs about the benefits of partnering with European tech suppliers, in order to answer the demand for healthier and safe nutrition.
The greenhouse is being built by Beijing Kingpeng, an international greenhouse builder from China. Next to this, Dutch companies Rijk Zwaan, Visser, MetaZet/FormFlex and Ridder HortiMaX are the main suppliers of technology for the project. Rijk Zwaan supplied the seeds, Visser the packaging line and logistic systems and Metazet/FormFlex the gutters channels. Ridder HortiMaX provided all the climate control technology, user interface software, drive systems, and irrigation and fertigation equipment.
HortiMax did not only supply their latest model of the Vitalite UV disinfection system and a complete ProDrain system, but also their ‘Productive’ labor management systems to support the output of high quality products and boost the yields even further.
Installation of the HortiMaX Prodrain system
According to Fulco Wijdooge, General Manager China at Ridder/HortiMax, two things are driving the move toward Dutch styled horticultural production in China. "Labor is getting more expensive here, but more importantly, the number of people that are available to work in the greenhouse is gradually going down, which is a much bigger problem. People don't want to work in agriculture anymore," Fulco says. "Hence, companies are forced to streamline their production and optimize the labor management. If you don't have enough people available, you better be sure that they will work as efficiently as possible."
For more information;
Ridder (Shanghai) Agricultural Technology Co. Ltd.
Fulco M. Wijdooge
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-13 Netherlands: Six hectares of Royal Berry strawberry greenhouse ready for extra early cultivation
- 2019-12-12 An integrated yield prediction model for greenhouse tomato
- 2019-12-12 Progression of 44 hectare greenhouse project in Saudi Arabia
- 2019-12-12 Russia: 27 ha greenhouse launched in Volgograd
- 2019-12-12 Turkey: An overview of the greenhouse production in the city Kutahya
- 2019-12-11 Turkey: Smart greenhouse built in Sivas for vegetable production
- 2019-12-11 Tomato chain provides opportunities in Jordan
- 2019-12-11 Turkmenistan: Two big hothouses for cultivation of tomatoes are put into operation in Kaahka etrap
- 2019-12-10 Berlin Start-up Infarm conquers USA
- 2019-12-10 CAN (ON): New greenhouse operation proposed in Amherstburg
- 2019-12-10 Vietnam and the Netherlands developing sustainable and inclusive agricultural value chain and trade platform
- 2019-12-10 Turkey: State support offered for tropical fruit greenhouse production in Antalya
- 2019-12-09 Polish greenhouse supplier expands into steel
- 2019-12-09 Taiwan provides new greenhouse techniques and develops human capacity in banana industry
- 2019-12-09 Turkmenistan: 30 hectare tomato greenhouse opened
- 2019-12-09 US (FL): New hydroponic greenhouse in Palm Beach County
- 2019-12-06 Turkey: High-tech massive greenhouse to be established in Izmir
- 2019-12-06 US (RI): 100,000 square foot greenhouse opened in Providence
- 2019-12-06 Challenges and opportunities in Russian market
- 2019-12-06 From 10 to 20 to 40 acres