- Assistant Manager - Perth, Tasmania
- Laboratory Manager: Nematology - Stevensville (ON) Canada
- CEO for Tissue Culture Lab - Indonesia
- Sales Engineer North America
- European market Sales Representative: Cut Flower crops
- Head Grower - Niagara-on-the-Lake (ON) Canada
- “Mayesh” Sales Representative - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Buyer - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Berry Grower - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Top 5 -yesterday
- Humid autumn challenges propagators on lit tomato crops
- Israel: Taking away the hurdles for growers to start indoor vanilla orchid cultivation
- ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- Strawberry substrate production systems: a review by Omafra
Top 5 -last week
- "Transparent solar panels offer opportunities in energy transition"
- "Growing more quality with less, AgTech in hydroponics is part of the solution”
- "Philippines offer great potential for coco substrate market"
- Electricity for the people, heat for the plants
- 2.8M square feet glass farm in Lancaster, CA approved
Top 5 -last month
Village Farms' CEO says company will grow more than tomatoes in the future
"We will be building greenhouses, expanding our distribution model where we market for our partners who grow and we will also look at alternative crops," said DeGiglio, adding that marijuana might be one of those alternative crops once it is fully legalized in the United States.
Village Farms is one of the largest producers and distributors of premium-quality produce in North America. The company's fruits and vegetables are all grown in environmentally friendly, soil-less, glass greenhouses. The Village Farms brand of fruits and vegetables is marketed and distributed primarily to local retail grocers and dedicated fresh food distributors throughout the United States and Canada, including Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, Target and Costco.
Click here for the complete interview with Mike DeGiglio at TheStreet.com.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-10-18 "By locking in, our bills have been stable and we avoided a lot of volatility"
- 2021-10-15 Raspberry grower trades peppers for strawberries and continues as soft fruit company
- 2021-10-15 Past lessons helped Dutch sprout specialist weather the pandemic
- 2021-10-14 Organic growth of women working in agriculture sector seeds positive change
- 2021-10-14 A 15% increase in graffiti eggplants volumes in a single year
- 2021-10-14 New farming techniques in Cambodian greenhouse a success
- 2021-10-14 "There is nothing in agriculture that a man can do and a woman can't"
- 2021-10-12 Dutch cherry tomato grower switches to organic greenhouse vegetables
- 2021-10-12 Surinamese hybrid cultivation concept sparks interest from international investors
- 2021-10-08 Third generation officially joins Dutch tomato grower
- 2021-10-08 "Our clients want us to grow in the cleanest way, no matter how difficult it is"
- 2021-10-07 "We cannot grow for this"
- 2021-10-07 Indian engineer builds rooftop farms to cut down building heat and grow produce
- 2021-10-06 Minister visits hydroponic Fairtrade project in Mauritius
- 2021-10-06 Next step in energy set-up for Greek greenhouse company Bellamia
- 2021-10-04 Former teacher starts aquaponics farm
- 2021-09-30 Indoor greenhouse takes the guesswork out of plant care
- 2021-09-24 Tour through small, efficient hydroponic farm
- 2021-09-23 "We have finally solved the New Delhi problem on courgettes grown in open fields"
- 2021-09-23 Bill Gates' tech fund invests heavily in in autonomous growing company