- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
- Advisor / Account manager horticulture Japan
Top 5 -yesterday
- Artificial photosynthesis can produce food without sunshine
- Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- CABY virus resurfaces in cucumber greenhouse: "Sometimes there was hardly any aphid to be found in the crop"
- New ToBRFV-resistant varieties presented for Mexico
- Zimbabwe: 'Take advantage of demand for organic crops'
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
New research method to visualize water and air in growbags
Compare water and air
According to the results for the growth area at -10 cm, Dutch Plantin Optima Double Layer contains more air than water. Their growbag also shows an equal distribution of moisture, from top to bottom. The growbag of another brand has less air in the same growth area. That makes it harder for growers to manage for example the cultivation of vegetables, flowers and soft fruits, according to Dutch Plantin.
Optimal rooting in the entire mat
During the Growtech Eurasia in Antalya this December it also became clear that a new trend has been started with the latest generation of coir growbags. Growers look for a coir substrate full of air that shows uniform growth and rooting. Not only straight down, but throughout the entire mat.
Expansion of production capacity
The demand for Dutch Plantin Optima Double Layer grows worldwide. “That makes it hard to keep delivery times to acceptable levels,” says Wim Roosen of Dutch Plantin. “We therefore decided to re-invest in our production facility with four new presses. With this significant increase of our production capacity we hope to shorten the delivery of our products. A challenge that we focus on all the time.”
For more information:
Dutch Plantin Coir India Pvt Ltd
Tel: +31 610 569 218
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-24 Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- 2022-06-24 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
- 2022-06-22 'Primavera, Victory and Inspire are a safe bet for strawberry growers in the Mediterranean'
- 2022-06-22 EIT Food partner ART21 announces over EUR 1 million of high-tech services to help rebuild Ukraine’s agrifood sector
- 2022-06-22 US (MA): Tomato dream comes true for Ken Foppema, who started farming almost 40 years ago
- 2022-06-22 China: Village official helps farmers escape poverty by growing fruits and vegetables
- 2022-06-22 Canadian grower plans 45-acre organic strawberry expansion
- 2022-06-22 "Finland is an interesting region with good opportunities for hybrid greenhouses"
- 2022-06-21 Ancient seeds found in southern Türkiye
- 2022-06-21 Greenhouse and Kitchen provide food and education in the fight for good nutrition
- 2022-06-21 Kenya: Farmers urged to grow alternative crops to protect environment
- 2022-06-21 Picking blueberries for a good cause
- 2022-06-20 Partners growing mushrooms in former shipping container
- 2022-06-20 "We used Plant Empowerment to boost our yields"
- 2022-06-20 California bell peppers shift growing regions
- 2022-06-16 Jordanian farm owner plants seeds of food sustainability using "Dutch bucket" system
- 2022-06-15 Philipinnes: Residents back Basilan 'hydrophonic' agri venture
- 2022-06-15 Greenhouse farming instills hope in Somali pastoralists facing drought
- 2022-06-15 IE: Horticulture support scheme closes for applications this week
- 2022-06-15 Can stone wool be used in propagation?