- Senior Grower tomatoes - Northern Europe
- Sales Manager
- Junior Verkoper Exoten
- Sales representative - North California, USA
- Head, Department of Horticulture and Landscape Architecture
- General Manager - Oxnard (CA) USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export - Import manager
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
Top 5 -yesterday
- US: Legal action to prohibit hydroponic operations from Organic label
- Certified hurricane resistant growhouse systems launched
- Novel technology with lenses makes greenhouses more efficient
- “Use of coco coir to grow substantially over the next decades”
- Increasing taste and appearance of microgreens with light spectrum
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- Mexico: One dead and 10 injured in greenhouse explosion
- "Mushroom growth as an early precursor of what is now vertical farming"
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
De Bolster wants to help the organic industry move forward:
Dutch seed breeder focusses strictly on organic and biodynamic vegetable seeds
As a biodynamic farm seed cultivation and breeding company ‘De Bolster’ sells only organic and biodynamic seeds. All these seeds are GMO-free. The company was started in 2002 by Elly and Bart Vosselman. After extensive experience with the production of vegetables and flowers, they switched to breeding and production of organic seeds. "We want to help the organic sector to move forward. That is why we put a lot of effort in developing new varieties," Frank explains. "Fortunately more and more people realize that seeds are a part of our cultural heritage. A part of our history we have to be careful with. That is why we, at De Bolster, respect biodiversity and offer a wide range of crops and varieties." In 2005 their son Frank joined them, along with Patrick Hoogendoorn. Patrick started working in the company at the age of fifteen.
In 2015, De Bolster has a catalog with more than 390 varieties for professional commercial growers, seed companies, retailers and hobby gardeners. Recently, the company launched new pepper and tomato varieties, exclusively for De Bolster. But the companies activities aren't limited to breeding and selling: also advising is an important part of the activities. They have been cooperating with growers and retailers since its inception. "This cooperation has been constantly intensifying over recent years," notices Frank Vosselman, co-owner of ‘De Bolster’. "The professionals are increasingly looking us up to discuss and select the right varieties."
For growers, retailers and cultivation advisors it turned out to be convenient to get answers outside of the office hours. To better serve these professionals, De Bolster launched a website for the professional user: www.bolster.eu. "To satisfy the need for information on organic seeds and our own developed varieties. Our people cannot be available 24/7, but our knowledge is. On the site you can find our complete range of professional varieties, our own varieties, all novelties and many facts about the range and company."
Want to see more? Check out a photo report of the company
Want more information or order organic seed, please e-mail email@example.com
The website for professionals: www.bolster.eu
The company profile: https://www.linkedin.com/company/debolsterbv
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-23 Using nuclear science in marker-assisted plant breeding
- 2019-01-23 Rest in peace plant breeding innovation in the EU after the ECJ ruling?
- 2019-01-21 "To secure the future of food, look to the ancestors of eggplant"
- 2019-01-21 Meet the real Doctor Pepper
- 2019-01-18 Plant peptide helps roots to branch out in the right places
- 2019-01-17 The big five of genetically modified fruit
- 2019-01-17 Searching for the best genetics for new tomatoes
- 2019-01-17 New ‘Florida Brilliance’ variety appealing to state’s strawberry industry
- 2019-01-17 "Patents on fruit and vegetables are a regulatory gap"
- 2019-01-16 US (FL): ‘Florida Brilliance’ shines on state’s strawberry industry
- 2019-01-15 A tomato aroma could protect the crops against bacteria
- 2019-01-15 US (NM): Chile expert receives lifetime achievement award
- 2019-01-14 Advanced Berry Breeding introduces new raspberry variety, Sarafina
- 2019-01-14 Japan: NRGene and Toyota to develop strawberry varieties for local production
- 2019-01-11 "Tomatoes could become the new chili peppers"
- 2019-01-09 Exploiting genetic and genomic resources to enhance heat-tolerance in tomatoes
- 2019-01-09 "New 'bioengineered' labeling rule will cause further confusion"
- 2019-01-08 Scientists engineer shortcut for photosynthetic glitch, boost crop growth 40%
- 2019-01-08 First successes in greenhouse ginger cultivation
- 2019-01-07 Genetically modified 'shortcut' boosts plant growth by 40%