This opportunity is ideal for:
• Non-Profit Farming Organizations – take advantage of your subsidized operating costs and achieve good profitability while using this business as a teaching tool for the community.
• Produce Distributors – differentiate from your competition by vertically integrating and having an unmatched local product they can’t compete with on cost or quality.
• Outdoor Farms – acquire a high-tech indoor farming business to produce local crops year-round as a value add to your outdoor farming business.
• Out-of-State Micro Green Companies – Acquire a high-tech indoor micro green business (other crops as well) to have a presence in one of the top selling micro green markets in the county and position yourself centrally in the US for ease of distribution to other central states.
• Individuals - If you are passionate about local food, enter into a fast growing sector in farming by acquiring a turn-key, high-tech indoor farm.
Greens & Gills are the first licensed indoor, aquaponic farm in the City of Chicago.
Aquaponics is the combination of raising fish (aquaculture) and growing plants in water (hydroponics). Aquaponics is sustainable and inherently organic. If you’ve ever been interested in a career or considered investing in local food production, this is a unique opportunity.
- Established in 2012
- Currently Selling to Major Regional Grocer and Wholesaler
- Located in a One-Of-A-Kind net-zero waste food facility on the South Side of Chicago
- 3,200 SF with an option to double the square footage
- Nelson & Pade Floating Bed Raft Aquaponic System
- 4 Stand-Alone Vertical 6-Tier Microgreen/Baby Green Systems
- Nelson & Pade Nursery System
- Controlled Environmental Equipment – including: 4 Intake Fans with 99.99% Clean Room HEPA Filters, Extremely Powerful Exhaust Fan, Commercial Dehumidifier, 4 x 30” Air King Oscillating Fans for air circulation
- Proprietary Order Management Systems - handles work-flow management, data collection and tracking/traceability for food safety tracking
- Sensaphone Alarm System tracking many crucial environmental variables that sends emails/texts alarms when parameters go out of specified range
- Digital Punch Time Clock with Software
- Desktop computer
- 11 x 1000W Metal Halide Lights
- T5 Lighting and Next Generation Philips LEDs Lights
- 3-Basin Stainless Steel Sink
- 2 x T49 True Refrigerators (only 1 year old)
- 4 Stainless Steel Tables for Harvest and Packaging
- Digital Scales
- Office furniture, including – two large desks, large filing cabinets, racks for dry storage
- Only experience needed is a passion for growing local food
- All assets are owned
- Owner willing to stay on for smooth transition
- Asking Price - $250,000
Greens & Gills, LLC
David W. Ellis