- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Head of Global Sales - Netherlands or Israel
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
US: Organic sales have plateaued
According to Research and Markets, the market for organic food products in the U.S. is projected to exceed $45 billion in 2015.
Despite availability, consumers are increasingly hard-pressed to justify the added expense, and sales have hit something of a plateau, according to a March 2015 article in Mintel Reports. Mintel reports that frequent buyers of organics were remaining loyal but likely to purchase cheaper organic products. Those who buy organics less often were likely to select even fewer organic products.
Nearly half of the 75 million strong Millennial Generation (born between 1981-2000) choose organic for at least half of their food and beverage purchases, but that percentage declines with age. Organic foods comprise more than half of the food purchases of only 12 percent of the Swing Generation and 19 percent of Baby Boomers.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-20 U.S. organic sales broke through $50 billion mark in 2018
- 2019-05-17 China's organic community gets new organic online addresses
- 2019-05-17 New Defra data shows growth in UK organic producers in spite of uncertainty
- 2019-05-16 UAE: Number of organic farms grows 53% in 6 months
- 2019-05-16 US (CA): Organic specialist joins UC Cooperative Extension
- 2019-05-09 Belgium: Ecolo wants 0% VAT on organic products
- 2019-05-07 US: National Organic Program launches Organic Integrity Learning Center
- 2019-05-06 Edeka opens its own organic supermarket chain
- 2019-05-03 "Between Christmas and Pentecost, our sales go up to 120%"
- 2019-04-30 US: Organic Trade Association export promotion programs making new gains
- 2019-04-18 U.S. growers are harvesting an increasing amount of organic tomatoes
- 2019-04-16 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: SR1.6 million allocated for farmers to go organic
- 2019-04-10 "Organic cultivation revolves around a balanced interaction between people and the earth"
- 2019-04-08 French consider banning organic label for heated greenhouse product
- 2019-04-01 CAN (AB): Organic legislation comes into effect
- 2019-03-22 "One third of our total turnover is already generated through organic vegetables"
- 2019-03-21 Edeka planning organic markets
- 2019-03-18 Belgium: first organic mini plum tomatoes of 2019 sold
- 2019-03-18 “Origin of organic agricultural products often still untraceable”
- 2019-03-13 UK: New support service launched to help farmers considering organic