- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Head of Global Sales - Netherlands or Israel
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
Bom Group to build modern twin light greenhouse in England
The new greenhouse will be the most modern Twinlight® greenhouse in the UK and will cover an area of 48 800 M² production greenhouses, consisting of 20 trusses by 8.00 meters with a total gutter length of 305.00 meters, divided into four departments. Including the service area , which will include a large processing area, irrigation room, offices and utilities, the total area will be 53.800 M² .
The greenhouse posts will be implemented in Twinlight® construction with its patented windbracing connection and will be 6.85 meters tall. The section distance will be 5.00 meter. The roof covering will be tempered glass of 1.67 meters wide with a light transmission of approximately 91%. The growing gutters will be integrated in the structure and run through the open Twinlight® posts.
The greenhouse project will include an energy-saving screening system including the ABS system which is another innovation developed by the Bom Group. All outside walls be installed with a Multirol side screening system with energy features.
The hot water heating system will consist of a tubular pipe rail installation with 10 tubes 51 mm per truss of 8.00 meters. In the new boiler room a high efficiency low-NOx boiler will installed. The boiler will be connected to a new heat storage tank with a capacity of 4 million liters, mainly the production of CO ₂ for the pepper plants.
The overall layout has been set for a future extension to this first phase of a second phase that will cover a total area of 90,000 M².
For more informationFor more information
Bom Greenhouses B.V.
2671 CV Naaldwijk
T +31(0)174 629441
F +31(0)174 640396
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-24 Growing Media Europe publishes sustainability agenda
- 2019-05-24 UK: Pret buys 'Eat' in vegan deal
- 2019-05-24 Warmer weather this week to boost Baja tomato production
- 2019-05-23 "I wanted to set an example for the Zurich market hall"
- 2019-05-23 Netherlands: Change of directors at Howitec
- 2019-05-23 “We see a rise in snacking and specialty varieties every year”
- 2019-05-23 Swedish supermarket chain switches to local Roma tomatoes
- 2019-05-22 US: Profile Products hires national sales manager for horticulture
- 2019-05-22 California Giant expands fresh blueberry program
- 2019-05-22 Is the French hypermarché on its last legs?
- 2019-05-22 Agaris Myco expands production of phase 3 mushroom substrate
- 2019-05-22 Australian farming groups looking forward to Coalition delivering on horticulture promises
- 2019-05-22 Expansion plans for year-round raspberry grower
- 2019-05-21 “Our function is that of a wholesaler’s market more and more”
- 2019-05-21 PlantResponse announces addition of Product Development Director
- 2019-05-21 Australia: Enevis bets on high-tech LEDs to power turnaround story
- 2019-05-21 “Growing in hydroponics saves 90% water”
- 2019-05-21 AEssenseGrows wins Red Herring 2019 Top 100 North America Award
- 2019-05-21 Seville has been a great bet for the Sugal group, specialized in tomato processing
- 2019-05-21 Brian Jenny joins salad producer as VP of Sales