- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Prevention is the best defence for ToBRFV"
- Improving the plants root system with extra oxygen
- "There are opportunities for Iranian growers in the horticultural industry"
- Mastronardi Produce and John Paul DeJoria announce partnership
- "As a grower, I know how important a proper sounding board can be"
Top 5 -last month
Project for sustainable horticulture in Rwanda
The official kick-off was part of the economic mission to Rwanda, led by Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Lilianne Ploumen. Both parties think that by combining Dutch technology and expertise with the local know-how of farmers and knowledge of institutes, the project will be a success.
Project partners greenhouse constructor, Bosman Van Zaal, and automation supplier, Hoogendoorn Growth Management, are going to build a pilot greenhouse for the project. The small-scale farm, Rwanda Best, is the project partner in Rwanda.
The focus on small-scale farmers in Rwanda is a unique factor of this project which is coordinated by Greenport Holland International. Other companies involved in this project are Koppert Biological Systems, DLV Plant, Rijkzwaan, and knowledge institutes such as Wageningen University and Reseach Centre, TNO and Bopic (NGO). Koppert is responsible for the set-up of an integrated pest and disease management program on the farm. The project makes horticulture technologies affordable and applicable for innovative farmers in Rwanda.
The representatives of all SMART horticulture partners were present during the kick-off. The project was officially opened by the Owner of Rwanda Best, Jean Ruzibiza and Deputy Director General for International Cooperation at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. SMART has projects in South-Africa and Rwanda.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-22 Technological revolution at Polymer Logistics
- 2019-03-21 University of Granada participates in eTOMATO project
- 2019-03-21 Automation technology company introduces new software for digital sorter
- 2019-03-21 Sainsbury's and ASDA detail £1.6 billion cost savings to CMA
- 2019-03-21 China: Futong reaches cooperation agreement with Wageningen University & Research
- 2019-03-21 First trees planted for new HQ greenhouse building company
- 2019-03-21 United Fresh names 25 retail produce manager award honorees
- 2019-03-21 Greenyard Horticulture changes name to Agaris
- 2019-03-21 Horti LED production line added to Signify factory in Camargo
- 2019-03-21 Racing through the Powerplants Australia facility
- 2019-03-21 UK: Video helps growers develop essential skills in fruit-picking workforce
- 2019-03-21 “Encouraging situation for Moroccan products on the French market”
- 2019-03-21 The success of the campaign of the Candonga strawberries thanks to high pressure
- 2019-03-20 Organic Italian Consortium focuses on Germany
- 2019-03-20 Adrian Percy joins Finistere Ventures as CTO
- 2019-03-20 Syngenta Ventures announces new leadership
- 2019-03-20 US (VA): West Virginia Department of Agriculture is accepting grant applications
- 2019-03-20 California leafy greens grower hires Jeff Cook as new CFO
- 2019-03-20 DE: Tim Fischer steps down as executive board chair
- 2019-03-20 Maarten de Jager presents 8000 euro cheque to Ronald McDonald House