- Assistant Manager - Perth, Tasmania
- Laboratory Manager: Nematology - Stevensville (ON) Canada
- CEO for Tissue Culture Lab - Indonesia
- Sales Engineer North America
- European market Sales Representative: Cut Flower crops
- Head Grower - Niagara-on-the-Lake (ON) Canada
- “Mayesh” Sales Representative - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Buyer - Los Angeles (CA) USA
- “Mayesh” Branch Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Berry Grower - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Top 5 -yesterday
- Humid autumn challenges propagators on lit tomato crops
- Israel: Taking away the hurdles for growers to start indoor vanilla orchid cultivation
- ‘It’s not as carbon-hungry’: UK’s largest sunlit vertical farm begins harvest
- Unmanned vertical farm in China: is this what the future looks like?
- Strawberry substrate production systems: a review by Omafra
Top 5 -last week
- "Transparent solar panels offer opportunities in energy transition"
- "Growing more quality with less, AgTech in hydroponics is part of the solution”
- "Philippines offer great potential for coco substrate market"
- Electricity for the people, heat for the plants
- 2.8M square feet glass farm in Lancaster, CA approved
Top 5 -last month
China: Storex receives large order from Chinese Haisheng Group
Haisheng Group carries out an investment programme for the production, storage and marketing of apples and softfruit for the fresh market. They own over 14 fruit companies with a total size of 800 ha. for growing of apples, sweet cherries, kiwi’s , blueberries and strawberries. They import already for 3 years fruit trees from the Netherlands. Haisheng Group has orientated many times in Europe and the Netherlands in order to buy suitable technology and products.
On September 26th the Haisheng Group has assigned order to the joint venture of Storex from ’s Gravendeel, the Netherlands and FRT from Beijing, P.R. of China, for the delivery of a complete package CA (controlled atmosphere) Techniques and DCS ( Dynamic Control System) for a complex of 55 coldstores with a total storage capacity of 16.000 tonnes for Fuji apples.
Storex and FRT are cooperating for the last 12 years for the delivery CA techniques and complete CA projects for the Chinese market. This order is a welcome contribution for the cooperation. The combination of modern CA Techniques and the presence of a local partner were important reasons for Haisheng Group to choose the combination Storex –FRT. On the picture Storex’ manager Peter Kooijman congratulates Mr. Chen in Xian, P.R. of China.
It is a break-through for the Chinese Market that the choice has been made for DCS. DCS is a modern storage system where apples are stored without use of a ripening blockers or chemicals.
With DCS the fruit is stored with the lowest possible oxygen percentages which guarantees the best fruit quality after storage. The fruit will ripen in a natural way and gives an optimal taste of the apples. In China , after all kinds of scandals in the food sector, one is very suspicious with regard to use of chemicals during fruit storage. The DCS and CA techniques of Storex/FRT fulfil the wishes of the Haisheng group to provide the Chinese market with quality fruit.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2021-08-30 Air circulation within a refrigerated container greatly affects vegetables
- 2021-07-21 Why Australian growers need to think about cooling in the middle of winter
- 2021-05-27 On-site processing and cold storages are key to cutting food waste
- 2021-04-30 How do I determine the number of fans in a greenhouse?
- 2021-04-06 SAM Algeciras was authorized to perform cold treatments on vegetables for export
- 2021-02-23 New study shows why strawberries must keep (their) cool
- 2021-02-04 Dutch insulated systems builder, Javeko, transfers hands, but stays in the family
- 2021-01-25 Worldwide volumes of refrigerated trade reached a new high of 169.2 million tons in 2019
- 2021-01-15 Polish parcel deliverer introduces refrigerated fruit produce lockers
- 2020-12-08 "Mobile pre-cool unit provides rapid re-cooling"
- 2020-11-30 Risk in the Chinese cold supply chain industry frequently bring challenges and opportunities
- 2020-11-26 Isolcell equips existing cooling cells with ethylene absorption machine
- 2020-10-16 Etihad Cargo launches direct flight between Nairobi and Amsterdam
- 2020-09-30 After harvest care and handling of crops
- 2020-09-11 Simple tuning rules for Feedforward compensators
- 2020-09-09 Different refrigeration solutions
- 2020-09-04 HVAC systems explained
- 2020-09-02 Reducing claims through improved cold air flow within a reefer container
- 2020-08-25 Natural or mechanical ventilation?
- 2020-08-14 Why cooling is an important part of climate control