- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
The Ellepot System makes its entry in the Middle East:
Middle East youngplant propagators enthousiast about Ellepot system
The nursery managers and the agent could easily see that there was something about this, for them, new paperpot plug system and it became more and more obvious that this system offers a whole range of benefits for the nurseries in Jordan. The nurseries where running a 1:1 test in order to monitor the difference and it became clear, that they would optimize the propagation time with 6 days for cucumber and 16 for tomatoes.
Furthermore, after the plant out done with no transplant shock, they also discovered the huge difference in number of nodes on the cucumber plant. There were 6 nodes on their own cucumber plant and with The Ellepot system 15 nodes which eventually will lead to a higher yield. Still on the 1:1 test the distance to the first node was only 15 cm and 20 cm on the local system (read loose-filled trays).
By digging out the cucumber plant from within the tunnel it also showed that the Ellepot propagation paper was protecting the roots against soil-borne diseases like fusarium, compared to the other plants in the same tunnel done with the local propagation method.
Export manager Jan Pedersen says: “We have seen many similar results like this, so I was pleased to see this result in the Middle East as well. Now we will open up this region for vegetables, flowers, fruits and nuts”.
For more information:
T: +45 20 49 43 27
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-28 CAN: Provincial government investing in infrastructure for vegetable production
- 2023-09-28 “We help companies across continents resolve disputes”
- 2023-09-28 "Product availability is our biggest challenge by far"
- 2023-09-28 "From biocontrol to packaging and everything in between"
- 2023-09-28 Primeur Fruit Attraction Edition now available to read online
- 2023-09-28 "By pooling our knowledge and networks in Spain and the Netherlands together, we are turning 1+1 into 3"
- 2023-09-28 ScottsMiracle-Gro announces executive team retirements and reorganization
- 2023-09-27 Infarm's Dutch branch declared bankrupt
- 2023-09-27 ISO appoints Martin Maasland as CEO
- 2023-09-27 Said El Ouakili joins KUBO as new Regional Sales Director
- 2023-09-27 Vivent receives new funding to expand market for 'wearables for plants'
- 2023-09-27 Jordi Ferre joins Coolsan Australia’s mission to get more food to more mouths
- 2023-09-27 Developer of cultivation systems declared bankrupt