- Sales Executive Fruit & Exotics - Rotterdam
- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Job offer - Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) CanadaGreenhouse Assistant Grower
Bakerview Greenhouses Inc. is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and committed Greenhouse Assistant Grower for our growing operations in our 32-acre, Sweet Bell Pepper Greenhouses.
You are a goal- and results-oriented person, showing confidence in all your work through competency, personal integrity, and responsibility. This is evident in your independent and collaborative leadership, which you display through professionalism, safety-consciousness and self-motivation.
In this position, you will maintain a “safety-first” mentality and have a great appreciation that your greenhouse team is your biggest asset. You will work beside - and sometimes between - the Head Grower and the greenhouse employees to ensure the greenhouse produces top-quality Sweet Bell Peppers.
Your responsibilities at Bakerview Greenhouses Inc. include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the Head Grower to achieve maximum yield with lowest costs while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Completing Integrated Pest Management (IPM) tasks; biological orders, inputs and greenhouse sprays.
- Collaborating and maintaining the greenhouse operation with large or small repairs as needed by being hands-on and creative.
- Completing daily key operational checklists, including nutrition and fertilizer checks.
- Monitoring, operating and reporting greenhouse operations during scheduled rotations in collaboration with the Head Grower.
- Monitoring new variety trial work, as well as preparing and tracking cumulative picking totals.
- Participating in any required company committees and meetings, including health and safety, food-safety, and management meetings.
The successful candidate must have:
- A background in greenhouse operation through schooling and work experience.
- Strong people skills
- Computer literacy
- Must have good command of the English language, oral and written
- The ability to communicate effectively - verbally and in writing (Spanish or Punjabi is an asset).
- Strong observation, troubleshooting, and analytical abilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines; ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
We offer the opportunity to work on a great team, freedom to succeed and grow, a competitive salary, and benefits – all while operating in the scenic landscapes and welcoming community of Abbotsford, B.C.
If this sounds like a fit, we would like to hear from you. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.