Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Drip irrigation transforms farming in Kenya's arid regionsA low cost technology that uses plastic linings to cover top soil has come to the rescue of farmers in Kenya's drought-prone arid and semi arid counties.The technology which has been piloted in dry parts of Taita Taveta County in the coast region will help farmers incur fewer expenses while irrigating.....
Germany: Innovative roof design for crystal clear ETFE installationGerman companies Rabensteiner, Franz Schumann and Novavert have recently teamed up for the installation of a remarkable retractable greenhouse at a grower in the state of Baden-Württemberg. The greenhouse builder, screen installer and screen system manufacturer worked on a innovative design that makes use of.....
US: New app supports ag sales and marketingFollowing Farm Market iD’s February 2017 introduction of FieldVision, its mobile data-delivery platform (www.farmmarketid.com/fieldvision), the company announced its newest online product release: FarmFocus with Grower Profile.Steve Rao, CEO, said, “We are very excited about the new FarmFocus with Grower.....
Can technology help feed 9 billion people?Food is the ultimate technology.It might not have circuits, touchscreens, or an app store, but of all the tech we’ve ever developed as humans, nothing else has had such a direct and significant impact on our progress as a species.It was agriculture — the cultivation of edible things — that made it possible.....
US: Penn State and Lincoln University collaborate on mushroom researchDrs. Laura Ramos-Sepúlveda and Carolee Bull took their research to Lincoln University on Thursday, April 6, 2017, to complete the objectives of a Giorgio Fresh Co.-funded research project and introduce biology students to agricultural research and mushroom production.Laura Ramos-Sepúlveda (L) | Image:.....
Fluorescent vs. LED light for tree seedling cultivationProfessional cultivation of tree seedlings is typically done in controlled environments such as growth chambers and vertical farms. By growing the seedlings indoors, cultivators prevent animal predation, and are able to create ideal humidity and other conditions, fully control nutrition and thus run an.....
New blog from Surna:
A closer look at scaling climate control systemsAs cultivators and owners know, building out a commercial sized facility takes a lot of time, patience and money but can be extremely lucrative in the long run. Large-scale commercial facilities that are up and running are generating huge profits, mostly in cash. But this type of revenue takes time. To get.....
"Illuminating tomato fruit enhances fruit vitamin C content"Wageningen University and Philips Research collaboratively examined the effects of irradiance on AsA levels of tomato fruit when light is applied to the fruit.L-ascorbate (AsA; vitamin C) is an anti- and pro-oxidant phytochemical essential for the proper functioning of the human body. Field grown tomato.....
Kenyan growers go digitalKenya's David Kioo almost gave up on horticulture farming last year despite the high octane optimism that informed his decision to embrace an otherwise lucrative venture.The middle-aged farmer was disappointed by a string of crop failure occasioned by climatic stresses, market volatility and high cost of.....
valoya launches Lighting as a Service concept: