Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
- Tomato and lettuce intercropping in a soilless system
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Gilles Carriou, tomato grower in Lézardrieux, France:
"Extending the pre-planting phase gives more control over generative growth"French tomato grower Gilles Carriou switched last year to using RootmaXX cubes from Cultilene. This stone wool cube allows growers to extend the pre-planting phase to give more control over generative growth. The result? Benefits for both production and quality.Gilles Carriou runs a greenhouse operation.....
Is all peat moss the same?One of the most important ingredients of soilless substrates, peat moss, began in peat bogs shortly after the last ice age about 12,000 – 14,000 years ago. As the glaciers receded, depressions were left in the earth that collected precipitation from rain and snow.Across Canada, there are different types of.....
Jiffy opens regional office in Sri LankaJiffy Products recently opened a new regional office at the Mirigama Export Processing Zone in Sri Lanka. Jiffy Products S L is the Sri Lankan subsidiary of Jiffy International.JPSL was incorporated in 2003 as a BOI project. The main attraction of Sri Lanka is the availability of coir fiber pith which is.....
US: Enroot Products ships first Ameri-Coco bagged coirEnRoot Products announces the release of Ameri-Coco ‘Ready-To-Grow’ bagged coir. Available in convenient 1.5 cu ft. bags, Ameri-Coco products come in three varieties to suit growers' needs: Root Kandy is the perfect medium for high-value crops with ultra-low EC requirements, Root Kandy is 100% coco coir.....
Norway: Miljøgartneriet chooses Pro block for plant propagationMiljøgartneriet in Naerbø in Norway is a modern horticultural enterprise that grows various varieties of tomato, sweet pepper and chilli pepper. Miljøgartneriet also propagates plants. The company takes a pioneering role when it comes to environmentally-friending growing methods. Grodan Pro blocks contribute.....
This is how it works with coir growbagsDecember last year, Dutch Plantin supplied a container of growbags to a cucumber grower in the Netherlands. After tests with 20 growbags and 2 rows in the previous years he was happy to experience a larger area of his 10 ha company. “As future growing might develop to organic substrates”, he said.Therefore,.....
Germany: Restart for Terracult, founding MD returnsAfter its insolvency in May this year, the day to day management of German substrate manufacturer Terracult has come back into the hands of its founder and previous owner Rainer Lindner. The returning managing director announces that he has joined the Aquarius Limited Group (AQL) who recently acquired the.....
Carbon Gold warns of inferior imitations :
Demand for biochar boomsOrganic farmers have long been the pioneers of new growing methods that maintain productivity without a cocktail of chemicals. And the most popular and, arguably, most effective new tool in their armoury? Biochar. As its popularity grows, suppliers are eager to jump on the bandwagon – however growers are.....
Growing Media Association: