Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
New R&D Center
BVB Substrates anticipates rise of city farmingFive years ago, Peter Sonneveld, product manager at BVB Substrates, did not expect a large rise of city farming. Now he knows better. "That it is (or will be) booming. That much is certain."Substrate requirementsFor the substrate supplier this has significant consequences. The requirements for substrates for.....
Meridiem Seeds introduces TX2022In line with the principles of theTRADITOMEuropean project, which aims at recovering historic tomato varieties typical of the Mediterranean basin, Spanish company Meridiem seeds has introduced a new type of Marmande tomato, identified as TX2022.The Traditom project has the objective of creating hybrids that.....
60 Dutch growers invest in Water Purification CooperativeMore than sixty Dutch horticultural companies have definitely joined the Horticultural Water Purification Cooperative 'De Vlot'. They have signed the agreements and in September the construction of a purification plant will start. It should be operational by the end of 2017.The system has been developed by.....
Havecon crew glazing at full speedIt's full speed glazing at Dutch tomato grower Combivliet. Last week the first container with glass arrived at the construction site and as many as seven teams got started right away. "It looks like all our glaziers are getting to work on the same project," Havecon notes.The first glass is already.....
Special Fruit is offering Dutch, Belgian and Spanish strawberriesSpecial Fruit has announced that the company will be offering Spanish Calinda strawberries in addition to the local strawberries from Belgium and the Netherlands. The company stands behind the idea that customers always want more choice saying, "The more choice, the more enjoyment!" Special fruit also made a.....
Ricardoes tomatoes win top award at Sydney Royal ShowRicardoes Tomatoes and Strawberries won again at this year's Easter Show, by taking out the state’s top award for tomatoes at the Sydney Royal Show.It is the seventh time Ricardoes has been awarded top marks for tomatoes, missing only one year in the past eight successive years since first entering the.....
New cloth filter tailored to Dutch horticultureECOfilter wants to help Dutch growers meet the stricter legislation concerning the discharge of drainage water. "Our new cloth filter can reduce the investment in a water treatment system, reduce costs or make a water system 100% closed," says Cees de Haan of ECOfilter. The cloth filter has specially been.....
New 25-liter bucket for hydroponic blueberriesEspecially for growing blueberries, Bato Plastics B.V. from Zevenbergen, the Netherlands, developed a new pot. "It is a square 25-litre pot with a stable base and a pleasing solidity to it. It will last for years," says Hans Luijkx, Sales Manager at Bato.Blueberries are full of healthy nutrients such as.....
Which minerals are in microgreens?“Microgreens” is the name for vegetables and herbs harvested for food as tiny seedlings. Says Agricultural Research Service (ARS) food technologist Yaguang (Sunny) Luo, “Microgreens are an emerging class of specialty fresh produce that has gained popularity with chefs and consumers in recent years and could.....
US: Organic tomatoes boast Rainforest Alliance certificationAs part of their continued effort to aid in creating a healthier, more sustainable world, Veg-Fresh Farms is proud to announce that two of their premier growing partners have recently achieved Rainforest Alliance certification.“It’s very exciting for us to be able to say our tomatoes are from a Rainforest.....
Bas van Adrichem, Van Adrichem Kwekerijen