Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Yara reports increased deliveries but weaker marginYara International ASA delivered weaker first-quarter results compared with a year earlier. "Yara reports a weaker result than a year earlier, reflecting lower fertilizer prices and margins. However, we delivered increased sales volumes, both for fertilizer and Industrial products," said Svein Tore.....
Agriculture drives DuPont's sales and volumeDuPont is reporting strong first quarter results. The company's Agriculture sales were positively impacted by the change in timing of seed deliveries which benefited first quarter sales by approximately $140 million. This timing change benefited total company net sales by 2 percent in the quarter."Our team.....
Norway: Explosion and fire at Yara's Porsgrunn plantThere has been a fire at Yara's ammonia plant in Porsgrunn, Norway, yesterday. The fire has been put out, and no personnel have been injured. Investigations into the cause and material damage of the fire are on-going, but the damage is limited to the ammonia plant.The Porsgrunn plant has the capability to.....
Dr. Jeff Lievense to chair Inocucor advisory boardDr. Jeff Lievense, an expert on fermentation process engineering, will chair the Manufacturing Advisory Board for Inocucor.Inocucor uses a patented fermentation process to combine multi-strains of bacteria and yeasts into powerful soil and plant optimizers that are safe for people and the environment. These.....
Former President of DuPont Crop Protection joins Cool Planet boardAgriculture technology company Cool Planet has added 36-year ag veteran Rik Miller to the company’s board of directors. Miller was president of DuPont Crop Protection until 2015. During his tenure as president, the business experienced record growth and success with new technology development and market.....
US (FL): Homestead fertilizer plant due back onlineThe City of Homestead’s composting facility, which turns the city’s bio-solid waste into super-strength fertilizer, is expected to come back online within the next four months after a year-long pause in operations to sort out operational issues.In April 2016, after the discovery of odor issues and improper.....
UK: AHDB announces new Nutrient Management GuideA £98,000 project to review the current Fertiliser Manual RB209 was overseen by the AHDB-led UK Partnership for Crop Nutrient Management and delivered by an ADAS-led consortium of experts from across the UK research community. It was supported by £200,000-worth of in-kind funding by industry. The 2016.....
Romanian growers see higher yields thanks to biostimulantsRomanian farmers can now boost crop yields and profits thanks to three new Arysta LifeScience biostimulants: Multoleo, Zeal and Biozyme, now available in the Romanian market. Arysta BioStimulants portfolio is also complemented by Siapton, from Isagro, for the upcoming season.“We decided to invest in.....
Jan Bakker, CEO Van Iperen:
"Acquisitions fit the trend of scaling-up"Growth specialist since 1921, that is the text under the new logo of Van Iperen. Van Iperen itself certainly lives up to that name. Recently, the Dutch company from Westmaas acquired Mol Agrocom, De Witte Agro as well as Gebr. Dijke. "These acquisitions were not an end in itself, but we did not avoid them.....
"Splitting nitrogen applications improves efficiency, stewardship"Many farmers looking to improve their nitrogen efficiency and their nutrient stewardship are turning to splitting their nitrogen (N) applications and following pre-plant N applications at lower rates with a sidedress or topdress application during the growing season.“More farmers are adopting the 4Rs of.....
US: Yara opens new West Sacramento plantYara’s West Sacramento Terminal was officially welcomed on March 21 as the newest Yara North America facility in the U.S. While continually operational since Yara purchased the West Sacramento facility from Agrium in December 2015, this event acknowledged the transition of the terminal to a fully integrated.....
Now available in U.S. and Canada: