Job offersmore »
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
- Growing specialist Helda Beans & Peppers - Africa or Mediterranean area
- Product Development and R&D Engineer (Greenhouse and Equipment) - Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- "In indoor ag, every project demands a unique approach"
- Hokkaido greenhouse to enable production in the "coldest city on earth"
- "Biochar boosts tropical but not temperate crop yields'
- Swedish project studies year-round cultivation of tasty strawberries with LEDs
- Spain: Greenhouse builder J.Huete expands into new premises
Top 5 - last week
- "Horticulture production in India has exploded"
- Young entrepreneur serves Iranian niche market with DIY hydroponics
- What are the start-up costs of a greenhouse business?
- US(AZ): Civic Farms to break ground on 20,000 sq. ft. vertical farm at Biosphere 2
- Australia: Learn how the deleafing robot can reduce labor cost
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CIOPORA takes on Toronto during AGM 2017Yesterday, CIOPORA opened its 56th Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Toronto. This event will gather innovative breeders from the ornamental and fruit industries, as well as intellectual property (IP) experts, for a five-day agenda brimming with discussions and presentations on all aspects of current.....
"Monsanto found guilty in fake trial that distracted from real problems"The verdict I predicted has landed—agri-giant Monsanto has been found guilty of ecocide, among other charges, after over a year of deliberations in a fake trial. The theatrics began in December of 2015, when a press conference announced the intentions of the “International Monsanto Tribunal” to put the.....
Attack with Molotov cocktails:
Italian Monsanto research center under attackLast week, in the middle of Easter night in Olmeneta, Italy, an unknown person attacked the Monsanto Research Center with several “bottle bombs” or Molotov cocktails, small improvised explosive devices. The 16 April assault, apparently a protest against research on genetically modified organisms (GMO), did.....
East-West Seed helps Myanmar government improve productivityA high level political delegation from Myanmar, led by second vice president of Myanmar, H.E. Henry Van Thio visited the Netherlands from 19-23 April. East-West Seed, represented by Ard Groot (vice chairman of the Supervisory Board), took part in a dinner reception for the Myanmar delegation along with other.....
Protecting by Collecting:
Video: CDFA’s collections of pests, weeds, other organisms help protect our food supplyVIDEO This video is part of CDFA’s observance of Invasive Plant Pest and Disease Awareness Month throughout April. USDA, CDFA and organizations across the agricultural spectrum are reminding the public about the risks that invasive plant pests, diseases and harmful weeds pose to America’s crops and forests—and how.....
Belarus, Serbia to develop cooperation in seed productionThe fourth meeting of the Belarusian-Serbian working group on cooperation in the area of agriculture and food took place in Belgrade as part of the tenth meeting of the Belarus-Serbia intergovernmental commission on trade and economic cooperation, BelTA has learned.The parties exchanged information on the.....
US: Monsanto surpasses pollinator habitat goalMonsanto announced that it has reached key milestones in protecting species and promoting sustainable landscapes, two major components of its biodiversity strategy.In fiscal year 2016, Monsanto established 72 habitats at company sites across the U.S. for monarch butterflies and other pollinators. The company.....
India: RR Seeds Agri-Tech to commercialize PAU chilli hybridThe Punjab Agricultural University (PAU) has entered into an agreement with RR Seeds Agri-Tech (P) Ltd, Harihara, Davanagere (Karnataka) for the commercialisation of chilli hybrid CH 27 (Chilli Parent Lines) in India.Dr Ashok Kumar, Director of Research, PAU, and Dr Devarajaiah, Managing Director, RR Seeds.....
Zimbabwean company to supply seeds to KenyaZimbabwean seed company, Klein Karoo says it is spreading to East Africa, with Kenya being the first target to be supplied with seed.In Zimbabwe, the company currently controls about 20 percent of the market, with giants such as Seedco, Pioneer and others controlling the other market share.The company which.....
"Gene editing is about to supercharge agriculture"New gene editing tools like CRISPR/Cas9 now let scientists hack into genomes, make precise incisions, and insert desired traits into plants and animals. We’ll soon have corn with higher crop yields, mushrooms that don’t brown, pigs with more meat on the bone, and disease resistant cattle. Changes that took.....
Making the international trade in plants and seeds a safer venture: