Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Starting Material
October 9-11, Harare
Zimbabwe gets ready for new trade showFrom Tuesday October 9 to Thursday October 11 the first edition of a new exhibition 'HortiFlor Zimbabwe' will be organized in Zimbabwe, Africa. The trade fair that will be focusing on the promotion of the Zimbabwean horticulture and floriculture industry, will take place in the Harare International.....
Photos: Vegetable cooperative in China's HebeiThe Ministry of Agriculture of China has shared some photos of a vegetable cooperative in Hebei. Take a look to see how they produce starting material and grow greenhouse veggies in China:A member of Lyuyuan Vegetable Cooperative waters vegetables in Suning County, north China's Hebei Province, Sept. 26,.....
"Plant breeding innovation at the heart of a sustainable EU agri-food policy"Ahead of the European Commission’s conference on Modern Biotechnologies in Agriculture on 28 September, the European seed sector launched the campaign #EmbracingNature to underline and explain the essential role plant breeding innovation plays in tackling Europe’s agri-food challenges, including meeting.....
Chinese television crew pays attention to new Axia varietiesA Chinese television crew in the greenhouse during the Axia Vegetable Seeds open days, but what does that mean? "Due to the joint venture we founded with Shouguang Vegetable Group, both our Chinese partners and a Chinese television crew came over," says Michel de Winter. For a report on the company, Alois.....
Will Europe embrace precise plant breeding or further frustrate innovation?We urgently need legal certainty to support innovation in plant breeding in the EU, writes Arjen van Tunen. Agriculture and crop improvement via plant breeding has defined our civilisation since the days when humans turned grass into grain and evolved from hunter-gatherers into farmers. The crop plants we.....
NU Tech Roundtable:
"Agriculture will win the CRISPR race"The successes expected from CRISPR-Cas systems “Will come first in agriculture,” said North Carolina University food scientist, Rodolphe Barrangou, Ph.D., at the 8th annual NU Tech Roundtable.The Triangle campus of Japan’s Nagoya University sponsored the half-day event at the North Carolina Biotechnology.....
Development of eggplant materials for adaptation to climate changeLate November, I had the great pleasure to attend the final meeting of the eggplant project: “Utilization of crop wild relatives in eggplant pre-breeding for adaptation to climate change”. This is one of the 19 pre-breeding projects working across the globe under the Crop Wild Relatives Initiative. Three.....
September 26-28, Zwaagdijk