Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
- SUNSET campaign reaches $60,000 in donations towards men's health
- Mexico: Mid-tech pepper growers see good results with grafting
- What are the optimum nutrient levels for hydroponic edible crops?
- New Zealand: Cocktail tomato grower upgrades to LED lighting
- Saudi Arabia "Vertical Farming alone is not sufficient"
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Starting Material
Photos: Vegetable cooperative in China's HebeiThe Ministry of Agriculture of China has shared some photos of a vegetable cooperative in Hebei. Take a look to see how they produce starting material and grow greenhouse veggies in China:A member of Lyuyuan Vegetable Cooperative waters vegetables in Suning County, north China's Hebei Province, Sept. 26,.....
"Plant breeding innovation at the heart of a sustainable EU agri-food policy"Ahead of the European Commission’s conference on Modern Biotechnologies in Agriculture on 28 September, the European seed sector launched the campaign #EmbracingNature to underline and explain the essential role plant breeding innovation plays in tackling Europe’s agri-food challenges, including meeting.....
Chinese television crew pays attention to new Axia varietiesA Chinese television crew in the greenhouse during the Axia Vegetable Seeds open days, but what does that mean? "Due to the joint venture we founded with Shouguang Vegetable Group, both our Chinese partners and a Chinese television crew came over," says Michel de Winter. For a report on the company, Alois.....
Will Europe embrace precise plant breeding or further frustrate innovation?We urgently need legal certainty to support innovation in plant breeding in the EU, writes Arjen van Tunen. Agriculture and crop improvement via plant breeding has defined our civilisation since the days when humans turned grass into grain and evolved from hunter-gatherers into farmers. The crop plants we.....
NU Tech Roundtable:
"Agriculture will win the CRISPR race"The successes expected from CRISPR-Cas systems “Will come first in agriculture,” said North Carolina University food scientist, Rodolphe Barrangou, Ph.D., at the 8th annual NU Tech Roundtable.The Triangle campus of Japan’s Nagoya University sponsored the half-day event at the North Carolina Biotechnology.....
Development of eggplant materials for adaptation to climate changeLate November, I had the great pleasure to attend the final meeting of the eggplant project: “Utilization of crop wild relatives in eggplant pre-breeding for adaptation to climate change”. This is one of the 19 pre-breeding projects working across the globe under the Crop Wild Relatives Initiative. Three.....
September 26-28, Zwaagdijk