Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Top 5 - yesterday
- Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
- One million square foot cannabis production facility to be built in Australia
- Dutch go crazy on weed...duckweed that is
- Austria: Flicker to supply Vienna with LED-grown mini cucumbers
- North America’s first scientific paper on how to produce cannabis under controlled environment
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Special – Energy
November 10, Cambridge
UK: Saving waste in horticultureFree and open to all, access independent advice and research on reducing crop and food waste and improving resource use efficiency in the horticultural and fresh produce supply chains with a mix of seminars and exhibits at one of Cambridge’s premier event locations.Food waste research is central to the work.....
Tomato grower Stefan Fred:
"Significant cost savings with fuel additives for oil boilers"VIDEO Heating your greenhouse with fuel oil can become an expensive affair when oil prices are high and winters are harsh. For this reason, Finish greenhouse growers boosted the use of fuel additives to make their heating systems more efficient and cut down their heating costs. According to Ville Valkama of Turun.....
Dutch 2SaveEnergy trials minimize use of natural gasFrom the start until now the two aluminium and the Luxous screen have been closed (partially) every night in the 2SaveEnergy trial greenhouse in Holland. Including during warm weather. This greatly limits the amount of light entering the greenhouse and saves energy during cold weather. In the months of June.....
September 20, Warwickshire
Understanding energy storage for UK growersThere is a huge amount of interest in energy storage within UK agriculture and horticulture and how this may be of benefit to them financially, as well as in terms of their energy supply. Energy storage encompasses techniques such as hot water accumulator stores attached to traditional gas boilers or.....
US (NY): GLASE consortium aims to improve greenhouse energy efficiencyEven though the Greenhouse Lighting and Systems Engineering (GLASE) consortium is New York-based, the research it is doing has the potential to impact controlled environment agriculture worldwide.by David Kuack for Hort AmericasThe Greenhouse Lighting and Systems Engineering (GLASE) consortium is a.....
CAN: Great Lakes prepares for any eventualityLeamington-based Great Lakes Greenhouses is focused on redundancy and controls to be in place to react to any unforeseen events. “We prepare for any eventuality,” says David Revington with Great Lakes. “Whatever may happen, we will continue to function and supply the highest quality greenhouse-grown cucumber.....
New video shows aerial view of Panda solar farm in ChinaPanda Green Energy Group, formerly known as “United Photovoltaics Group” has finished their first Panda Power Plant in Datong Shanxi which has officially been connected to the grid. The Datong Panda Power Plant has an aggregate install capacity of 100MW and can be seen in the video below.
South Holland sounds the gong for energy innovationsHan Weber, regional minister for Energy in the Province of South Holland (Netherlands), opened the Amsterdam exchange and sounded the gong for entrepreneurs seeking investment capital for the marketing of their energy innovations. On September 1st, a new investment fund will be launched, specifically for.....
Alberta trade minister: