Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Director ASIA Research Station Operations
Purpose of the position:
Management of the R&D operations within Asia (India, Thailand, Vietnam & Indonesia) in order to reliably deliver results for cropping & various testing activities to members of the R&D team and other company business departments.
Position Description Summary:
- Management of a team of Station Managers in charge of operations at Research Sites.
- Oversee all the field, greenhouse and facility staff of the R&D stations indirectly
- Manage the development and maintenance of the stations infrastructure and equipment pro-actively.
- Assure homogenous, cohesive execution of crop protocols and procedures within HM-CLAUSE R&D perimeter
- Responsibility for creating site budgets and performing to established goals, including investment and maintenance plans.
- Validation of the crop plan at each site
- Establishing priorities relative to Management objectives.
- Acting as the link for sites, between functional support groups like HR, Finance, HSE
- Reinforce policies set by Management and ensure that it is applied to all concerned sites (phytosanitary protocols, seed movement policies, safety policies, mandatory trainings, Limagrain code of conduct, Intellectual Property protection).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage Administrative and Technical elements of the operation on defined sites.
- As a member of the Extended Global Management Team R&D, contribute to defining a strategy for the department and execute actions in the Operations perimeter. Participate as an executive in the G-100.
- Develop specific site objectives within established management guidelines
- People management and development with a team-based spirit
- Implement a business culture that motivates the Station Manager team and maintains good collaboration and cooperation between site functional areas
- Propose the appropriate training plan in order to meet higher professional performance - adapt and modify the plan for specific positions within the organization
- Manage Budget and insure reliable Budget Control, avoid uncontrolled deviation without management approval
- Implement regular reporting to build accountability and identify variances – develop action plans with the management teams to address variances
- Responsible for Quality as well as Plant Health, Safety & Environmental practices and procedures at all sites
- Reporting and follow up on all site incidents - audit and follow up on all opportunities that have been identified
- Raise awareness on potential issues with external safety and environmental regulatory requirements (country specific)
- Conduct regular reviews with station managers to be sure issues are identified and corrected - follow up with appropriate internal resources
- Special projects as defined by the R&D Global Management Team (GMT) and the VP of Global R&D Operations.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years in facility operations or general management
- Must speak proficient English
- Bangkok, Thailand preferred
- Travel 50% is a strong requirement to properly service and monitor the development of R&D sites in the region
- Reports functionally - VP of Global R&D Operations
- Member of the R&D Extended Global Management Team
- Coordinate activities with the ASIA Breeding Director.
- Supervisory responsibilities: ASIA research station facilities, field and greenhouse staff.
- Status: Exempt.
- Internal relations: Department Heads (GST), Asia Directors and Managers, Subsidiaries Managers, G100 Managers of subsidiaries, Limagrain Group
- External relations: Industry professionals, Group Limagrain, Limagrain Vegetable Seed Division, sister companies, universities, public institutions, competitors, vegetable business entities & vendors in the region.
Please forward all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org