Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
the agreed strategy, the Director has the freedom and flexibility to
develop a fast-growing farming business which puts people at its centre.
The Director will have responsibility for the long-term strategy of cropping, and the opportunity to develop that in exciting and entrepreneurial ways. They will be an outstanding leader able to enhance team performance and have the ability to build long-term partnerships based on trust and integrity with all of the company’s customers.
Farms Director (Based in the UK)A challenging position with a global Fresh Produce expert.
The Director will join the group executive team made up of the leaders of the property, energy and fresh herbs businesses and includes the group CFO and HR Director. They will also interact with the Board as they develop new enterprise.
The Director will be a passionate self-starter, well organised and with the knowledge and experience to manage farm businesses and provide the platform to unlock a significant fresh produce business in the UK.
- To develop, own and live the 10-year Strategic Plan for their cropping
- Able to develop strong new market entry or new product launch strategies, identify key partners, negotiate terms and deliver the business plan
- Providing the strategic direction and commercial steer on Innovation and development to identify new market requirements, competitor challenges and the overall strategic direction of markets
- To have proven experience in mining opportunities for new sales and future trends in the farming and wider food industries assessing the optimal future route to market & corporate structure across markets
- The leadership and communication skills to inspire teams in various locations in the UK
- To align people objectives and delegate effectively so people feel part of delivering the overall goals of the business
- To understand our brand equity and to be passionate about delivering the brand values of the business in every market it touches
- Support Supply chain, Production and Commercial teams in leadership with customers so that they have the reassurance they are personally passionate about delivering first class products and service
- Engage and excite customers in retail, food service and wider food industry about our farming operation and bring it to life for them
- To have full accountability for the P&L in all growing activities and possess the skills to interpret numbers and communicate effective actions driven from the Management Accounts and be commercially very astute
- Have the ability to write credible and persuasive business plans and budgets
- To work closely with the Exec team to have a clear vision on the 3 to 5 year business requirements and ensure these foundations are in place
A relationship builder with a healthy interest in horticultural innovation
- Commercially very astute
- Insight and experience of intensive veg cropping
- Proven track record in starting and developing farming enterprises across the fresh produce and horticultural sector
- Strong commitment to putting people first and show the leadership required to deliver successful teams
- Passionate and enthusiastic about what they do with the ability to implement and manage the detail
- Innovative approach to problem solving and strategic thinking
- Academically and intellectually strong, but a specific Horticultural/Agricultural or Business Degree is not a prerequisite
- An excellent communicator across boundaries and cultures and stakeholders
- Ability to work on their own, generate forward thinking initiatives, plan well and follow through
- Reliable and socially-minded
- Flexible with the ability to embrace sudden changes
- Stress resistant
The company has a long farming history in the UK with extensive land ownership, but embraces innovation and diversify in order to secure a bright future. The company consists of a group of businesses based both in the UK and across the world, which specialise in horticulture and arable production.
A challenging position with one of the leading experts in the UK fresh produce industry
The business is located in the UK, you can be based either on the South Coast or East Coast of the UK