Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
POSITION TITLE: Sales Representative
POSITION LOCATION: Quebec or Ontario, Canada
TERRITORY: Eastern Canada, Upstate New York
POSITION IN THE ORGANIZATION: Reports to the Area Sales Manager
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Realizing product development and sales (direct and dealer) of Enza Zaden & Vitalis varieties (greenhouse and open field) with customers in the territory. Focus is pepper, tomato, cucumber and lettuce crops.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Identifies and develops key customers in assigned territory and assesses market size.
- Develops and maintains sales targets per customer and per crop for territory.
- Develops and executes trial plans with customers.
- Identifies new varieties for the territory from existing worldwide product assortments and develops introduction plans.
- Contributes to the promotion of the organization.
- Maintains sales forecasts and tracks customer sales.
- Responsible for a sales goal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Identifies and develops key customers in assigned territory and assesses market size.
- Identifies key customers in the territory and assesses market size per crop
- Works with Manager to determine approach per customer
- Keeps up-to-date market data on customers in the assigned region
- Develops and updates customer database tool
- Undertakes visits and maintains contacts with existing and potential customers with the aim to promote and sell
- Works with key customers on exposure and promotion of our varieties
- Develops annual sales targets by crop, variety, by month with each customer
- Responsible for contribution to annual sales target
- Executes sales strategy, initiates contact with existing and potential customers/dealers, identifies their needs and sells appropriate varieties to meet those needs
- Develops, documents and communicates vegetable trial plans and organizes commercial variety trials in close consultation with all parties involved (Breeders, Product Specialists and Sales team Representatives)
- Evaluates vegetable variety trials with regard to local markets and market conditions and records conclusions through accurate and timely variety data compilation
- Photographs varieties and farms to use in the catalog and other promotional material
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with key customers, field representatives, as well as national and/or international colleagues
- Reports periodically about the development of the product range within the territory and about the opportunities and threats
- Develops focus on key regional crops
- Follows market developments in the field and through professional publications, follows the development of competing varieties and if necessary provide feedbacks on this to relevant Commercial Team and R&D department members
- Keeps abreast of (developments in) the product range as they may apply to the territory
- Facilitates variety development by contributing to the Product Advancement Team (PAT) decisions on varietal advancement for the organizations portfolio
- Takes a leadership role in 1-2 PAT teams for the organization
- Attends strategic agricultural tradeshows representing our organization in the territory
- Organizes and/or participate in field days and related events, specifically regional conferences, trade shows, extension related activities
- Maintains relations with representatives of farms, grower associations, and other industry associations
- Supports Manager with marketing contributions including social media marketing, website updates, annual catalogue and variety promotions
- Regularly updates sales forecasts for the assigned region regarding commercial and pre-commercial varieties
- Participates in the booking process and setting customer sales targets
- Provides customer service and availability status to customers
- Achieves agreed upon stretch sales goal annually
- Writes monthly reports reporting developments on market, product portfolio, pricing, sales, distribution, marketing, competition and observed trends in the market
- Handles any complaints, according to set procedure
- Discusses and resolves relevant issues with the customer service department as it relates to customer satisfaction
- Performs other related activities in support of the team efforts
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in agriculture/horticulture
- 5 years of relevant work experience in sales and marketing within the agricultural industry, vegetable seed industry preferred
- Professional, assertive and clear communicative skills (verbal and written), including active listening skills
- Excellent sales skills (gains trust, establishes a business objective, identifies customer needs, explores solutions, develops action plans, and overcomes objections through negotiation)
- Must be fluent in English speaking and writing. Fluent in French, speaking and writing, desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Initiative and decisiveness
- Persuasiveness and influencing
- Planning and organization
- Customer – orientation
- Results – orientation and quality
- Highly dependable and detailed oriented
- Shows personal initiative, is flexible and pragmatic, and able to portray and promote a positive image of the company’s vision, mission, and values
- Must maintain high confidentiality
- Works well within an international team environment
- Carries out work activities independently under the responsibility of the Manager, with a clear understanding of the desired direction and priorities based on the organization's vision and strategy
- Maintains good internal communications and contact with local and international colleagues; Sales Teams, Breeders and Product Specialists, as well as externally with industry contacts (i.e. university professors) and key customers
- Participates in relevant Product & Sales Meetings and crop excursions
- Frequently uses a computer
- Frequent travel nationally; as well as occasionally internationally (40-60% of the working time).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Works under varying climate conditions and is exposed to outside working conditions
To Apply: click here