Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Applications are invited for the position of Professor, Cannabis, Horticulture, Greenhouse in the School of Environmental & Horticultural Studies, Business, Hospitality and Environment Division at the Niagara-On-the-Lake Campus with duties commencing August, 2018.
Reporting to the Associate Dean, School of Environmental & Horticultural Studies, the successful candidate will develop and teach into the Greenhouse Technician, Horticultural Technician, and Commercial Cannabis Production programs. In particular, the incumbent will update and teach a variety of courses in these programs that may include: Horticultural Practices; Nursery Management; Plant Science; Annual and Herbaceous Perennials; Evergreen Ornamentals; Weed Identification and Management; Greenhouse IPM; Fruit and Vegetable Production; Sustainable Food Production; Plant Pathology; Greenhouse Crops; Root Zone Management; Greenhouse Technical Practices; Greenhouse Vegetable Production; Greenhouse Plant Environment; Leadership Skills; and Horticultural Entomology.
The Professor position is responsible for providing academic leadership and developing an effective learning environment for students. This includes designing, revising and updating courses/curriculum; teaching assigned courses; consulting with stakeholders (faculty, community and industry partners); defining course objectives and evaluating student comprehension of objectives; utilize a variety of instruction medium/resources; and provide individualized instruction where necessary. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in Plant Science, Agricultural Science, Biology, Horticulture or related
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience
- Two years previous teaching experience at a post-secondary level / or adult training experience
- Excellent written/oral communication, organizational, problem solving, analytical and teamwork skills
- Evidence of commitment to student success and academic excellence
- Proven ability to deliver course content to a diverse student population
- Demonstrated networking/relationship building and liaison abilities
- Exceptional communication, time management and organization skills
Preferred candidates may also possess:
- Demonstrated experience in curriculum design and development
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook); experience with learning management systems such as Blackboard is a definite asset
- Experience in Applied Research
- Proven leadership skills in professional and community organizations
Interested Candidates please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below:
Niagara College is dedicated to ensuring that the curriculum and delivery of our programs remain relevant to the rapidly changing demands of our global economy. The incumbent will be expected to become actively involved in the continuing refinement, integration and implementation of various information technologies, including Enterprise Resource Planning and on-line delivery applications.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (ie: original transcripts/credentials). Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services (http://www.wes.org/ca/).
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please contact the Recruitment Coordinator.