Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NatureFresh™ Farms is a Leamington-based greenhouse company with facilities in Leamington, ON and Delta, OH. Our company and its innovative, dynamic team is expanding every day, growing new plant varieties and introducing cutting-edge ideas and practices to the fresh produce industry. However, at NatureFresh™, we don’t just grow plants – we also grow people. Our team is passionate about bringing the highest quality products to consumers, but it is also committed to creating an inspiring, diverse, and team-oriented workplace environment that everyone can enjoy. NatureFresh™ Farms is a recognized leader within the greenhouse farming industry – join our team and help us continue to grow!
We are currently seeking an applicant to join our team and fill a full-time position as a Grower at our newest Leamington, ON greenhouse operation.
As a Grower at NatureFresh™ Farms, you would get to experience something new every single day. A Grower’s main role is to plan and oversee the planting, cultivation, and harvesting of their crop. This means that Growers are concerned with plant health and nutrition, proper crop care, pest management, labor coordination, and other duties as needed. The is a rewarding position because you get to watch your crop mature and know that you are responsible for feeding millions of people with fresh, healthy food!
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor all areas of the greenhouse on a daily basis
- Coordinate labor requirements with the Manager/Supervisors
- Observe and analyze crops to determine next growing strategies
- Manage climate controls using our state-of-the-art computer system to meet demands of different crop varieties and respond to day to day changes within the growing environment
- Create/problem solve for pest and/or disease control solutions
- Manage fertilizer room to ensure plants receive proper nourishment
- Maintain up-to-date field and project maintenance records, prepare reports, and conduct analyses
- Diploma in Chemistry/Horticulture/Agriculture is considered an asset
- Good computer skills, with knowledge of Priva and experience with Microsoft Office, is essential
- Reading, writing, oral communication, and effective listening are all essential skills
- Strong time management, delegation, planning and leadership skills are essential
- Flexibility, adaptability, and attention to detail are essential
- Must have a current pesticide application permit
- Must have the ability to diagnose crop needs and act in a timely and correct manner to address all situations
- Must be committed to continuous learning as every day presents new information and exciting challenges
- Must be available to work Monday through Saturday with an additional after-hours on-call schedule
- The greenhouse environment can be very hot, humid, moist, or cold for most of the year
- The greenhouse environment may have bees, bugs, and pests
- Working both independently and with a team
- Constant communication with Sales, Purchasing, Scouts, Labor Supervisors, Maintenance, Consultants, Managers, and the Health and Safety team is essential
- Some heavy lifting
- Utilizing and pulling a scissor cart
- May spend extended amounts of time on your feet
Salary/compensation will be based on experience.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and want to join our dynamic team, we encourage you to apply in person at 634 Mersea Rd 7, by fax at 519-326-6356, or through naturefresh.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.