Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Join Us in Beautiful British Columbia – Now Hiring Director of Sales
Title: Director of Sales
Location: Summerland, BC
Reports to: Vice President
Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc. is a dynamic company based in Summerland, BC, Canada that harnesses molecular breeding and biotechnology to develop new tree fruits that benefit consumers and producers alike. This position supports our constantly expanding range of activities, including commercialization of our nonbrowning Arctic® apples in both the US and Canada.
Leading the market with Arctic® branded fruit products that consistently deliver exceptional eating experience to consumers through transparent stakeholder outreach, communication and innovative science.
The Director of Sales is responsible for heading our developing sales operations, including retaining and growing the business for Arctic® apples and ApBitz™ snacks, while pursuing additional profitable growth opportunities in both the retail and foodservice channels. This position will report to the company’s Vice President. The Director of Sales will interact with the senior management team on the identification and implementation of new products, such that the Arctic® brand becomes well integrated as a successful brand within the produce industry. It is the role of the Director of Sales to work with the sales team and operations team to coordinate distribution, and logistics of OSF products to customers. The Director of Sales and sales team will develop and implement strategies to ensure forecast/budgets are met and provide service to the customer base including collaborating closely with internal branding, marketing, communication and operations teams to meet specific customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; business and marketing majors preferred.
- Ten or more years’ experience in produce sales into both retail and foodservice plus five or more years experience in leading a sales team, marketing, logistics, and administering contracts within the perishable food industry, produce preferred.
- Proven experience with product positioning and market opportunity assessment.
- Direct sales success and proven track record closing deals in line with revenue expectations. Proficient at managing 12-month rolling forecasting.
- Experience hiring and forecasting for team expansion. Strong interpersonal skills. A problem solver that is resourceful, innovative and creative. Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with data analysis and reporting.
- Ability to travel by air, train, car as situation dictates.
- Increase sales through effective business development and strong relationships with new and existing customers.
- Collaborate with Senior Management to create and attain budgeted sales and profit goals and hit predetermined sales targets.
- Understand the challenges in the marketplace for products which may be supplied by the company and uses this knowledge to propose new opportunities to the organization.
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while monitoring new products and competition status.
- Collaborate with brand management and operations to ensure continued on-target development of product portfolio.
- Provide input in the design and artwork of packaging and materials.
- Responsible for communicating harvest and packing goals in accordance with demand and operations.
- Participate in presentations and contract negotiations; represent OSF at industry events.
- Lead, direct and supervise reporting personnel and manage performance of assigned direct reports and others in the work unit to ensure optimal customer service and support, including tracking sales team metrics and reporting data to leadership.
- Provide development and learning opportunities to support the long-term growth of reporting team members.
- Design and implement a strategic sales plan that expands company’s customer base and ensures a strong market presence in retail and foodservice.
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs. Visit and contact customers on a regular basis.
- Work closely with OSF’s distribution partners.
- Present sales, revenue and expense reports and realistic forecasts to the management team, including weekly updates through meetings and reports based on insights from sales team.
- Plan and achieve annual growth in account penetration through gross profit dollars and gross profit percentage.
- Responsible for drafting budget for sales that allows for proper development of new business.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Please direct cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is May 11, 2018.