Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
On behalf of Corteva AgriScience, DowDuPont Agriculture Division, Green Career Consult is looking for an:
Innovation Leader – high-tech breeding center
proactive problem solving, leadership, automated expertise
Home office: Johnston (Iowa), USA
Corteva Agriscience™, the agriculture division of DowDuPont™, is the only major agriscience company completely dedicated to agriculture. By combining the colossal strengths of DuPont Pioneer, DuPont Crop Protection and Dow AgroSciences, they've harnessed agriculture's brightest minds and expertise gained over two centuries of scientific achievement to enrich the lives of the farmers.
Farmers constantly striving for higher yield, resilience and desirability. They need seeds and crop protection products that address their challenges; not just by country or region, but laser-focused down to the acre. Corteva is on the ground alongside them, listening first and then innovating collaboratively to help enable their success. The path from discovery of traits to its introduction to the market is a long one and a launch is just the halfway point. The Research and Development team continues to explore different combinations with other innovations to meet the ever-changing needs of farmers.
Here, DowDuPont Agriculture Division is seeking a Scientific Operations Leader to join the Controlled Environments team to assist in introducing novel technical solutions and driving their implementation to help operational management of their large research greenhouse and growth chamber complex.
You adopt current automated solutions and introduce new approaches for supporting business needs around developing plant and chemistry solutions for their customers.
To be successful it requires strong communication of status and results to cross-functional teams, proactive problem solving, leadership of diverse teams, and identifying opportunities for improvement to drive organizational changes.
Your tasks & responsibilities
- Remains current on new technology by participating in professional meetings and by encouraging others to bring information into research activities.
- Contact with Research team, Business Unit members and external collaborators on progress of product opportunities and makes recommendations.
- Works in collaboration with group and/or project leaders to establish project goals consistent with business unit goals that reflect internal and external business needs.
- Provides project management leadership, and creativity when initiating, designing, and executing research within/across projects inclusive of both automated and static greenhouses and growth chambers.
- Utilizes and adopts automation for process execution and improvement.
- Monitors research progress and meets with collaborating researchers to identify problems and opportunities impacting the business unit; experimental execution, material selection, resource allocation, experiment execution, plant care, data processing & interpretation.
- Recruits, hires, orients, supervises, and evaluates employees’ performance, and leads a team of 5 to 15 employees.
- Implements and monitors safe working practices and serves as a leader.
- Develops and contributes to the administration of annual budgets.
- Controls, maintains, and is accountable for research facilities, equipment and other resources, and enables their use by other teams as necessary.
- May serve on teams as appropriate to improve cross-project research initiatives and is a contributing member of the Controlled Environments leadership team.
- May contribute to scientific publications, conferences and patent applications.
- Minimum five years of experience in a commercial greenhouse with a demonstrated history of success with progressive team management.
- Post-doctoral experience may serve as industry related experience.
- A four-year degree in Horticulture or AgroTechnology (BSc.) or closely related discipline; Masters preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Horticulture automation and associated software with the ability to learn new technologies.
- The ability to use data to recommend and implement process improvements that enhance efficiency, yield, and quality.
- Ability to plan ahead, trouble-shoot, anticipate and solve problems and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Decision maker.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to lead and hold direct and non-direct personnel accountable for meeting goals.
- An eye for improvement: you will continuously work to improve operating efficiencies, increase learning and develop new skills.
- Leadership skills: you will recruit, train, mentor and motivate the scientific team.
- Computer skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- You are presently located, or willing to relocate to Iowa, USA.
Corteva Agriscience offer
You are being part of a high-tech Seed business company with focus on success in a team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you.
You are eligible to work in USA (Iowa), Corteva Agriscience will support you in this matter (working permit, etc.)
Contact and Application
Is this your dream job?
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or contact Green Career Consult directly,
via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, Senior Consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
For more information about Corteva Agriscience™ please visit the website http://www.corteva.com/ or https://www.pioneer.com/home/site/us