Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Title: VP of Sales
Job Category: Sales
Department/Group: Business Development
Position Type: Full time-Permanent
Manager: Alastair Monk
Born in one of North America’s largest hubs for Artificial Intelligence, Motorleaf is already able to disrupt the agricultural industry by using its agronomist.ai software platform to monitor and predict for large commercial greenhouse clients and indoor farmers.
Delivering actionable, data-driven insights to greenhouse operators to increase their bottom-line profits is the name of the game.
Using machine learning and artificial intelligence for yield predictions and optimization, we are committed to helping greenhouse operators match their supply with demand dynamics to help them optimize their marketing dollars, plan their labour needs, and increase profit margins.
Motorleaf is a software company with hardware products that change the way food and crop producers run their businesses.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Sales will head our global sales operations. The successful candidate will plan and execute the selling of our agronomist.ai software platform, coach and drive sales team members to identify opportunities within the greenhouse and agricultural industry’s leading businesses, and cultivate strong relationships with our customers and partners. You will collaborate with marketing and product development teams to generate demand, and help generate new business. You will work with us to improve our sales plan and market share. The candidate will also collaborate with internal teams to guide product development to meet the specific needs of customers and partners.
The elected candidate will be highly driven, a forward thinker and receptive to the team dynamic both internal and via remote locations. A mix of confidence and humility shall win you support within Motorleaf.
Comfort in working within a very fast paced environment, where each person wears multiple hats and ‘does’ rather than delegate. Can you envision executing a ‘normal sales plan’ with less than you are used to having at your disposal? Can you be creative and crafty?
You’ll have a background within agriculture, preferably one related to driving sales within greenhouses and aware of environmental control systems. The VP will play a key role in growing the capacity and headcount of the Motorleaf sales team, both internally and externally. The candidate must be able to travel 30% of the time, and have a clean driving license. Motorleaf is open to a home office, but will expect the candidate to spend time in our Montreal office at least every 4-8 weeks.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Agronomy, Business Management or related field
- 5+ years of industry experience in sales, within agriculture (controlled environment preferred)
- Product positioning and market opportunity assessment
- Direct sales success and proven track record closing deals in line with revenue expectations – 12 month forecast
- Knowledge of greenhouse crop production (for example: lettuce, tomato, peppers, cannabis)
- Expert in formalizing sales management structures and defining processes
- Experience in hiring and forecasting for team expansion
- Track record of managing direct reports and interfacing with internal business units to deliver on company strategic aims
- Responsible for overall P&L for the company
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience giving presentations to large and small audiences
- Strong problem solving and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work outside of defined position roles to meet the needs of a startup environment
- Take a leadership role in building partnerships with growers and organizations throughout the world’s crop production infrastructure.
- Strategic planning and execution of product positioning
- Contribute to commercial strategy and partnerships
- Design and execute demonstration trials and field testing in conjunction with growers
- Provide insights into grower practices and needs to shape product development in the pipeline
- Provide leadership in building and managing sales and field testing team
- Participate in our global presence within trade shows and industry events
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org