Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Top 5 - yesterday
- Hyper-local cultivation: Restaurant integrates aquaponics greenhouse
- Can artificial intelligence do as well as farmers in the future?
- US (WI): 20 hectare greenhouse operation to begin next spring
- Village Farms reports net loss, cannabis production ramps up
- German market demands innovation in cherry plum truss tomatoes
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Senior Banana Ripener
A position has become available for a Senior Banana Ripener at Fyffes Bananas Ltd (Swords, North County Dublin).
Reporting to the Ripening Manager, the role involves ripening and planning bananas. The candidate will be expected to and take the pressure and responsibilities that go along with this front line time sensitive position.
- To deliver the correct quantity of bananas in the right condition to production and sales orders (Retail and Wholesale) in line with the plan.
- Maximise fruit utilisation, to reduce and eliminate waste
- Record all observations and changes to ripening conditions
- Ensure compliance with BRC, and customer specific rules and systems
- Collaborate with Warehouse & Packaging Team for forklift truck drivers to manage the intake of fruit and consumables, loading and unloading of rooms, and a timely efficient delivery of fruit to packing & sales orders
- To plan and manage fruit on a weekly basis to meet customer requirements according to sales forecasts
- Recording and maintaining Ripening Plan.
- Cover for Ripening Manager in his absence – including all green intake planning and fruit ordering.
- Computer literate.
- Strong communication skills and a good understanding of the English language.
- Good numerical skills.
- Very strong organisational abilities.
- Hands on approach.
- Conscientious and committed with an eye for detail.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team environment.
- Must be able to work effectively under pressure.
- Decisive with a need to be able to prioritise work load.
- The ideal candidate should be self motivated, very flexible and a good team player.
- Flexibility will be required in terms of shift pattern and hours worked, in order to meet the daily demands of the business.
- The role will involve working Bank Holidays and weekends as per shift pattern.
- Must be able to transport themselves to and from work easily at various times of the day.
Apply by submitting your CV to Greg O’Hanlon, Recruitment Co-ordinator, by emailing to email@example.com or call Greg on +353 87 600 3620.
Applicants must have permission to work within the European Union