Job offersmore »
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
- Sales Area Managers - Czech Republic, Eastern Europe, Portugal
- Chief Operations Officer - Deerfield (MA) USA
- LED strategic account manager - Netherlands
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Head Grower – Retractable Roof Shadehouse
Wide Open Agriculture (WOA) is a young food and agriculture company transforming the Wheatbelt through diversified and regenerative farming systems. WOA is committed to a 20-year strategy that delivers four returns including social, financial, natural and inspirational capital -
WOA’s food brand is Food for Reasons – www.foodforreasons.com / #foodforreasons
Food for Reasons currently grows 60% Roma and medley tomatoes and 40% a range of seasonal vegetables in a highly-innovative, smart shadehouse (retractable roof 5000sqm) located in the Wagin Shire.
A full-time position is available for a Head Grower to join our team at our site in Wedgecarrup (Wheatbelt Western Australia) approximately 20kms outside of Wagin.
The Head Grower will grow within 0.5ha of a retractable roof production system with diverse crop production in soil.
Head Grower Responsibilities:
- Control of irrigation, fertigation and shadehouse controls
- Train and supervise shadehouse staff
- Monitor and understand crop health
- Understand shadehouse pest and diseases and respond using biological controls
- Maintenance of the site
- Crop production and supervision of production (planting, maintaining, harvesting)
- Report to management on production
- Attention to detail and documentation (computer literacy is required)
- Speak and write English
- Being prepared to work additional hours if necessary
- Establish and maintain the required customer and regulatory certification for premium vegetable production.
The successful applicant will
- have proven experience in horticulture production, ideally using protected cropping technology
- be willing to live in the local area. The closest towns to the greenhouse site are Wagin, Katanning, Williams and Narrogin.
- have an Agriculture/Horticulture Science qualification.
This full-time position is available for an immediate start. Please include details of current residency. Salary will meet industry standards, include accommodation and a work vehicle.
Please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 12 February 2018.