Job offersmore »
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Head Grower – Retractable Roof Shadehouse
Wide Open Agriculture (WOA) is a young food and agriculture company transforming the Wheatbelt through diversified and regenerative farming systems. WOA is committed to a 20-year strategy that delivers four returns including social, financial, natural and inspirational capital -
WOA’s food brand is Food for Reasons – www.foodforreasons.com / #foodforreasons
Food for Reasons currently grows 60% Roma and medley tomatoes and 40% a range of seasonal vegetables in a highly-innovative, smart shadehouse (retractable roof 5000sqm) located in the Wagin Shire.
A full-time position is available for a Head Grower to join our team at our site in Wedgecarrup (Wheatbelt Western Australia) approximately 20kms outside of Wagin.
The Head Grower will grow within 0.5ha of a retractable roof production system with diverse crop production in soil.
Head Grower Responsibilities:
- Control of irrigation, fertigation and shadehouse controls
- Train and supervise shadehouse staff
- Monitor and understand crop health
- Understand shadehouse pest and diseases and respond using biological controls
- Maintenance of the site
- Crop production and supervision of production (planting, maintaining, harvesting)
- Report to management on production
- Attention to detail and documentation (computer literacy is required)
- Speak and write English
- Being prepared to work additional hours if necessary
- Establish and maintain the required customer and regulatory certification for premium vegetable production.
The successful applicant will
- have proven experience in horticulture production, ideally using protected cropping technology
- be willing to live in the local area. The closest towns to the greenhouse site are Wagin, Katanning, Williams and Narrogin.
- have an Agriculture/Horticulture Science qualification.
This full-time position is available for an immediate start. Please include details of current residency. Salary will meet industry standards, include accommodation and a work vehicle.
Please email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 12 February 2018.