Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation seeks to fill the following position
The Hague, the Netherlands
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation, working in Agriculture, Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene. Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation supports efforts to develop and implement sound agricultural, agro-industrial and value chain strategies to fight poverty, hunger and malnutrition, while boosting the competitiveness and efficiency of the agricultural and food sub-sectors in a sustainable way.
In its agriculture project implementation SNV adopts a facilitative value chain approach, where smallholder farmers are linked to markets, finance, inputs, equipment, and information through larger commercial farmers and traders who have the capacity and incentive to invest in smallholder production. These linkages build the capacity of smallholder farmers to increase the efficiency of their farm businesses with improved production and post-harvest handling practices.
We are currently seeking a Value Chain Advisor for our horticulture programs in SNV. The role of the Value Chain advisor is to (1) provide technical back stopping to selected SNV horticulture projects as per project contracts (2) support to strengthen SNV’s global position in horticulture (3) support to develop new business for SNV (4) contribute to develop innovative solutions and coordinate learning and (5) maintain and expand SNV’s relations and partnerships with key horticulture players.
This position reports to the Global Coordinator –Horticulture and works in close collaboration with the Country Sector Leaders, Project Managers, Marketing and Business Development team and the Global Agriculture Sector team.
• Support SNV’s horticulture projects in close collaboration with the project managers by delivering short-term technical back stopping for improvements on the implementation of ongoing horticulture value chain projects addressing use of inputs, production practices, post-harvest, processing and marketing priorities through market driven sustainable approaches;
• Work with value chain networks to identify upgrading opportunities, public-private partnerships and other opportunities that support an industrywide vision;
• Manage certain components of projects where required;
• Support design of new programmes and projects relating to agribusiness and value chain development specifically in the horticulture sector;
• Prepare, maintain and update horticulture knowledge agenda, capture lessons learned, stimulate internal and external knowledge exchange;
• Contribute to the collection and dissemination of data and information related to agribusiness, value chain, agro-industries and food systems trends, approaches and impacts, including lessons and good practices; support global learning, exchange of information through the internet and other mechanisms;
• Build, maintain and utilise networks and relationships for on-going and new opportunities with relevant stakeholders in horticulture e.g. companies, research institutions, universities, donors, etc.
• Undertake frequent travel to the projects.
• Bachelor degree in horticulture or agronomy and/ or a Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline;
• At least seven years of experience in the agriculture/horticulture sector in an international, multi country context;
• Track record in supervision, advisory work related to production, supply chain management, private sector development and technical backstopping;
• Sound experience of implementing projects;
• Focus on quality and driving for continuous improvement of deliverables in the horticulture sector;
• Proven capacity to work with teams operating at a distance;
• Excellent communication (writing and oral) skills, presentation and debating skills with experience in profiling an organisation in an international setting;
• Strong international networks within the agricultural sector, including Dutch horticulture sector;
• Entrepreneurial, result-oriented and driver for change;
• Broad interest in taking up tasks as they appear in the horticulture projects;
• Fluency in English and French, both oral and writing is required.
Contract Type: Dutch contract
Duty Station The Hague, the Netherlands
Contract Duration: One year, with good opportunities for extension
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter before 28 January 2018 on this website.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snv.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.