Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Meiosis is primarily focused on supporting fruit breeders and fruit plant propagators. We are based in East Malling, Kent and operate internationally.
Key aspects of the role are:
- Interfacing with research institutes and breeders, tissue culture laboratories, propagator nurseries and triallists.
- Arranging the supply of trial plant material.
- Receiving and evaluating trials data.
- Liaising with and periodically visiting trial sites to monitor performance.
- Compiling summary reports for fruit plant breeders.
- Assisting with auditing of both propagators and fruit growers on a global basis.
- Assisting with the process of registering new varieties for Plant Variety Rights.
- Maintaining and updating the information on the companyís website.
The successful applicant is likely to possess the following key attributes:
- A horticultural or plant sciences graduate who is interested in soft fruit production and plant propagation.
- An excellent administrator with a good eye for detail.
- Willing to travel in the UK and overseas, with some nights away from home.
- A strong communicator with a high standard of written and spoken English.
- A good working knowledge of another European language such as Polish, Dutch, German or Spanish would be beneficial.
- IT literate with experience and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Knowledge of Inteum and WordPress would be beneficial.
- A clean driving licence is required.
Hours of Work: 08.30 to 17.00 with a 1 hour lunch Monday Ė Friday.
Holiday: 20 days plus Bank Holidays.
The post reports to the Senior Technical Manager.
To register your interest in this position please send your cover letter and CV to Laura Amos, firstname.lastname@example.org