Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop BelgiŽ / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Job title: Horticultural Consultant
Position type: Full time
Salary range: Competitive salary package
About the Company
Applied Horticultural Research (AHR) is an Australian research and consulting business working with the agricultural sector to support innovation, productivity and environmental performance through research, development and communication. AHR has strong links with the University of Sydney and joint research projects with major research providers in Australia and internationally. A key focus of AHR is producing effective communication materials for producers and advisers.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced consultant / researcher with demonstrated expertise in managing agricultural research and/or extension projects. Expertise in the areas of soil health, crop protection, and food safety and familiarity with the Australia vegetable industry would be highly regarded.
The position is located at the AHR office and laboratory in Sydney with travel required to sites around Australia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage research and extension projects for the horticultural sector
- Develop effective grower-focussed extension materials
- Reporting and project management
- Contribute to the development of new project ideas and submissions
- Build and maintain productive relationships with industry
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in agricultural science or a related discipline
- At least 5 yearsí experience in research, development or extension
- Well-developed writing and presentation skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Expertise in soil health, crop protection or food safety
- Experience in vegetable research or extension would be highly regarded
- Driverís license
A remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant. For a confidential discussion please contact Gordon Rogers on +61 2 8627 1040. Apply in writing to email@example.com
Note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Key words: Horticulture, agriculture, vegetable, research, extension