Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
POSITION TITLE: Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor)
REPORTS TO: USA General Manager (USA GM)
DATE: November 2017
AGROINDUSTRIAL KIMITEC, (KIMITEC) has an exciting and challenging position for Agronomist based in Fresno, California. Under the general supervision of the Area Manager, the Agronomist will work with national (US) and Canadian agribusiness and ag product dealers to open markets and offer an outstanding service to KIMITEC’s customers by introducing products, drafting fertilization plans, conducting trials, and answering technical questions regarding Kimitec’s products.
About AGROINDUSTRIAL KIMITEC:
AGROINDUSTRIAL KIMITEC, is a European High Tech company in the agricultural industry. KIMITEC’s Main Office and Factory are located in Spain, and its products are sold in five continents. KIMITEC researches, develops, manufactures, and markets fertilizers, organic fertilizers, crop bio-nutrition, and bio-pesticides. Our strength is in our products, our adaptability with crops and markets, and our service to the customers.
This position reports to the USA GM and collaborates efforts with other colleagues at the company.
This job calls for a six month estimated training period in Almeria, Spain, where the Agronomist will learn KIMITEC’s products as well as work procedures. This period includes possible travels within Spain and other countries.
The candidate should currently be located in CA, preferably close to Sacramento. Otherwise, they need to be willing to move to a required location.
- Responsible to ensure that all technical recommendations from the Agronomy Group are effectively transferred and available to the Regional Applied Research and Extension Teams.
- Visit test plots and commercial fields of agronomy projects on a weekly basis and document progress for other cross-functional teams and for the Agronomy Group.
- Collaborate with Regional Applied Research and Extension teams to implement trials and support growers on cultural practices.
- Assist the Agronomy Manager in internal and external trainings.
- Participate and co-organize Applied Research and Grower Extension meetings.
- Collect relevant data and information from Kimitec’s Global technical network and effectively transfer the information to project teams.
- Participate in the assessment of new technologies and growing practices that can highly impact Kimitec’s growing operations.
- Participate in the design of full crop-cycle management practices for the projects in collaboration with the Agronomy Manager.
- Visit clients and potential customers to introduce them to all of the company’s products.
- Recommend products and applications according to the crops’ needs.
- Suggest and plan trials with the Trials Dept. to be performed.
- Examine crop specimens to determine the presence of diseases or other problems.
- Conduct various field research activities, including but not limited to: note-taking, data analysis, reporting, and crop & pest sample collection.
- Conduct insect and plant disease surveys.
- Respond to general inquiries and requests from the public.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
- Traveling to locations in the US and Canada are required, as well as to other foreign countries.
- Keeping the Area Manager informed is mandatory.
- Ensure the confidentiality of Kimitec financial, proprietary, and employee information.
- Represent Kimitec in a manner that demonstrates Kimitec’s Mission and Values in all interactions internally and externally.
- Perform other duties as instructed.
- This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, so other duties may be assigned. At Kimitec, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to develop our products.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS.
- Previous experience working for an agricultural-related company is convenient.
- BS or MSc required in Horticulture, Plant Science, or Agronomy. Other agriculture-related areas of emphasis may be considered with 3-5 years of experience in Precision Horticulture and/or Production under Controlled Environments or Soilless Systems.
- 2-3 years of experience in Horticultural production, extension, or agronomy support to horticultural crops.
- Candidate must be disciplined, self-motivated, have strong verbal/written communication, and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- The ability to interact and work on a cross-functional team environment is fundamental.
- Curiosity, accuracy, detail orientation, organization, and analytical skills are essential.
- Ability to exercise flexibility, initiation, good judgment, and discretion.
- Excellent documentation skills to translate progress in field based projects.
- Analytical skills to analyze problems in a multi-faceted way, to develop and participate in implementing solutions.
- California driver’s license and coverage ability with a company-sponsored vehicle insurance program.
- A valid passport and the ability to travel internationally without restrictions.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is mandatory.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to get along and work well with a diverse & a multicultural group of people.
Candidates can send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com or dial +34619111077.