Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vacancy: Trucking Fleet Manager
Location Baku, Azerbaijan
Our client is a growing, ambitious and modern trucking company, active in the transport and distribution of fresh produce from Azerbaijan to/from the neighboring countries. The company is a subsidiary of a major Azerbaijani investment enterprise with excellent results over the last 10 years.
In line with our clients’ ambitious growth strategy we are in search on their behalf, for a full-time, experienced, stable and sturdy Fleet Manager, with experience in managing a sizeable and growing trucking operation in this country, or in any of its surrounding countries.
You will report to the General Manager and be responsible for the continuity, turnover & cost, productivity and quality performance of this transport company, incl. people and HR management. You will annually present your budget and target proposals on cost & turnover, quality- and other performance ratios, for approval and hence manage the business planning of the fleet operation within the agreed annual budgets and targets.
You are furthermore responsible for the technical care (maintenance and repairs) of the trucking fleet in order to keep transport times, deliveries and distribution on schedule and its cost ratio’s within established budgets.
- Lead both domestic and international freight forwarding operations with expertise in all transport modes (import/ export/ transit)
- Rendering of a complex of services, starting from the search for clients abroad, delivery to the customs border; and vice versa. Search for clients for shipping the goods on the route of way, back to the country.
- Lead overall operation based on integral cost & commercial insight through adequate software applications.
- Decrease the cost of services of suppliers and optimize the cost price of transportation
- Develop logistics schemes for customers combining multimodal transportation and optimize customs clearance procedures
- Create/update fleet policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident reporting process
- Structure periodical auditing of all vital elements and processes in the companies’ daily operation
- Personally participate in the acquisition of new clients and be personally involved with the negotiations with large cargo owners and potential customers. Calculation and formulation of commercial offers
- Organize the daily operation in such a way that the logistics company and the calculation and reduction of logistics costs, control of payments, creditor and receivables are managed accurately and efficiently.
- HR & Team Management and training (logistic-, communication-, sales-, teamwork etc.)
- Develop and manage HR structure (function-/salary structure, job descriptions, performance appraisals
- Develop and manage a company-, departmental- and individual-, KRA- and KPI structure.
- To create a client driven organization:
- Structure effective internal communication flows (bottom up/top down/cross functional) through an efficient meeting- and information sharing structure.
- Structure feedback to/from MT from/to internal groups, with focus on client situation or development.
- Focus on conveying the expectations set for each team, i.e. providing clear direction, critical time frames and expectations for each team member
- At least 5-8 years of international freight forwarding team management experience with an expert level knowledge of both domestic and international freight forwarding in all transport modes (import and export)
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent industry certification is strongly preferred.
- Command of the Russian language is preferred
- User knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Must be able to build a team from the ground up in an environment of rapid change
- Strategic, operational and people management skills
- Analytical abilities, result driven, integrity and strong sense of responsibility
- High communication skills, also in a multi-cultural context
- Stress-resistance and a high working capacity
- Respect for the local culture
- Prepared to settle in Baku, Azerbaijan, for a minimum of three years
Lutgo Recruitment, Aalsmeer, the Netherlands is the exclusive representative of this client for the fulfilment of this vacancy. Please send your reaction, with your letter of motivation, mentioning vacancy ref.no. INT170252, to Jan Meijer at firstname.lastname@example.org