Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- "Easier to clean and lasting longer than polystyrene"
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
Exchange ratesmore »
Farm Manager - Australia
Our client is a leading horticulture company, producing the highest quality, fresh horticulture products for food service and retail. The company is undergoing significant growth and requires a high-level and experienced Farm Manager to take over the farm management duties. This key role within the company reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer and the successful candidate will be an integral part of the companys senior management team.
This role is to manage the horticulture farming enterprise, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The role is complex in that there are significant staff numbers and is a dynamic planting and harvesting schedule to deliver the required product types and sizes. There is also a requirement for this person to advance the farming operation in terms of new approaches in soil management, cropping techniques, irrigation management and technology. The Farm Manager will lead all operations, develop and implement farm plans and budgets, ensure best practice in farm management via appropriate land use, maximise profit, manage and lead staff. You will have senior managers reporting to you and you will work with them to develop appropriate production strategies to ensure all production and financial objectives are achieved.
The person for this role will have the following key attributes:
Horticultural farming experience (some knowledge of salad leaf production would be advantageous)
Must be a good leader and communicator
Agronomic and soil management skills
Superior leadership skills. Analytical and planning skills and demonstrated ability in determining optimum land use and devising farm plans
Farming technology background
Able to generate and maintain a harmonious working environment
Passionate about the industry
Attention to detail
Ability to work autonomously
Business skills including an understanding of finance and experience in budgeting
Demonstrated capabilities in running agricultural enterprises profitably
Most likely previous experience in running a large agricultural enterprise involved in horticulture production
Technical you will understand all horticulture farm production systems
Project Management experience, executing large agricultural scale projects and realising the benefits
Leadership and communication - demonstrable leadership of horticulture farms, with ability to manage and communicate to senior managers
LOCATION AND REMUNERATION
The role is located in the pristine area near Hobart in Tasmania. A highly attractive remuneration package is on offer to attract the right person for this role.
Please send me your application direct at email email@example.com, or give me a call on +61419012841 for further information Dr. Ray Johnson, Senior Agribusiness Consultant and Managing Director, Agricultural Appointments.
We are a specialist agriculture, food and wine recruitment company. See more roles at www.agri.com.au