Job offersmore »
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Sales representative - Eastern PA, DE, MD, VA & WV, USA
- Sales representative - Michigan, USA
- Assistant Grower - Delta (BC), Canada
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- Klasmann-Deilmann takes over international distribution of Growcoon
- US: Patent for cooling method of electrical components in a geothermal well
- Netherlands: First well of geothermal doublet for ECW Andijk
- Soil to hydroponics: 50%-100%+ increase in tomato and pepper production
- Pythium root rot on hydroponically grown basil and spinach
Exchange ratesmore »
Head of Operations - Ethiopia
GreenPath Food is currently seeking a professional, high-performance individual to serve as Head of Operations - Ethiopia.
This individual will have the unique opportunity to help shape the future of a young, environmentally and socially-conscious agribusiness in Ethiopia, one of Africa’s most promising economies. Ideal candidates have experience working in Ethiopia and the ability to successfully lead the company’s operations in Ethiopia as the company scales over the next 5 years, selling more than 500 tons of products annually with several hundred Partner Farmers.
GreenPath Food is a specialty food company that produces and sources premium food products through a large network of smallholder Partner Farms. The company exports its premium, organic products to specialty retailers and wholesalers in the Europe and the Middle East.
GreenPath currently operates one flagship Production Area with a team of 30 staff and 80 Partner Farmers in two hours southwest of Addis Ababa in the Southern Ethiopian Highlands. As a young, growing company, GreenPath is currently expanding to multiple new Production Areas, and also expects to grow into additional countries over the next 2-3 years, with an ultimate vision of becoming East Africa’s largest organic food company.
The senior staff at the organization are a group of highly talented professionals with experience in Ethiopian export, horticulture, and agricultural development sectors, as well as direct experience in the Ethiopian start-up context. Each member of the team has a passion for improving the lives of smallholder farmers and increasing access to organically and sustainably grown, high-nutrition foods, and is committed to seeing GreenPath realize its core objectives.
The company is also currently raising a significant round of investment which will provide the Head of Operations - Ethiopia with the resources that she/he will need to grow operations in Ethiopia four-fold in the next two years.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate has worked for at least 3 years in a large agribusiness in Sub-Saharan Africa, that both produces and exports perishable fruits, vegetables, and/or herbs. Ideally, she/he has exposure across several of the business’s work streams (Nursery Production, Farm Production, Packaging, Quality Assurance, HR, Logistics, Procurement, etc.) and has supported the agribusiness’ growth.
The ideal candidate is either from a developing country or has extensive experience living in one. She/he is energetic and enthusiastic about taking a larger leadership role in a young, socially-oriented company in Ethiopia.
Mission of Role
Head of Operations - Ethiopia will be responsible for leading operations and quality of execution at GreenPath, ensuring the company is equipped with the personnel, equipment, and inventory to grow rapidly, produce high-quality agricultural products on schedule while meeting targets; while upholding the company’s social and environmental mission.
Responsibilities & Outcomes
The position requires a commitment of a minimum of 24 months. A 36 month commitment is strongly preferred. Should performance of the individual prove to be strong and there be mutual agreement that the individual is a good fit for the role, a longer-term position would be desired.
- Experience leading projects, managing and owning responsibility for all aspects, from conception to execution
- Experience managing (directly and indirectly) a team of 50 individuals
- At least 2 years of experience working in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Experience working in an international context, interacting with private and public-sector stakeholders, across various countries and cultures
- Experience engaging with professional individuals across levels, from junior team members to senior executives
- Experience in developing and building teams, with tangible examples of a focus on professional development, high efficiency teamwork and creating growth opportunities for team members
- At least 5 years of professional experience working in one of the following fields: agribusiness, retail, grocery, export-oriented processing, consumer goods, or related
- Fluency in English
- Experience working at an early-stage organization
- Experience working in Ethiopia for at least 24 months
- Experience working in a business in one of the following fields: agribusiness, retail, grocery, export-oriented processing, consumer goods, or related
- Familiarity with Amharic, Oromifa (Afan Oromo), and/or Guragigna
Compensation will include a competitive monthly salary, plus incentive compensation based on performance.
This position will primarily be based in Butajira, SNNP, with frequent travel to GreenPath new Production Areas. Flexibility provided for weekends in Addis Ababa.
To apply for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short note explaining why you are interested in and qualified for the position. For more information, visit our website at www.greenpathfood.com.