Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - Australia
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
- Production Manager - Australia
- Production Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US(PA): 60,000 sq.ft. vertical greenhouse to bolster Lancaster's less fortunate
- UK start-up introduces inflatable deep water culture system
- Leaf sensors can tell farmers when crops need to be watered
- Paskal launches cloud-based irrigation monitor solution
- Inefficient cannabis growers will go out of business eventually
Exchange ratesmore »
We are looking for an experienced production manager to coordinate, guide and monitor the planting, picking, bunching and packing processes at our King George facility. The ideal candidate is a passionate, experienced and data-driven individual who embraces change and can drive growth.
As Bloomia’s production manager you will be part of the management team and work together with the “sales” and “growth and innovations” managers and report to the General Manager.
You will be responsible for a team of over 100 people and 8 hectares of state-of-the-art greenhouse with fully automated climate control systems and an output of over one hundred million flowers per year.
- Oversee, direct and coordinate day-to-day activities concerned with the production of floral products;
- Cultivate a spirit of collaboration while helping Bloomia establish and achieve objectives that support its Mission and Vision.
- Monitor and manage staffing levels to achieve and maintain operational requirements;
- Provide guidance, direction and necessary training to all staff;
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel;
- Analyze the production processes focusing on continuous improvement of quality, productivity, cost-efficiency and employee satisfaction;
- Maintain a precise inventory of flowers and hard goods in direct correlation with the sales forecasts;
- Estimate costs, prepare budgets and take responsibility for the production department’s financial performance;
- Collaborate with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements;
- Enforce health and safety precautions in accordance with OSHA regulation;
- 5+ years of experience in agricultural/floricultural production management;
- BSc/Ba in business administration or relevant field is preferred;
- Excellent organizational and leaderships skills;
- Basic level of conversational Spanish;
- Experience with process management methodologies;
- Experience with inventory management, manufacturing orders, reporting, planning and forecasting;
- Experience with SAP or other ERP systems;
- Knowledge of OSHA legislation and procedures is preferred;
- Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
- Experience in reporting on key production metrics
- Capacity to manage change and foster effective teamwork;
- Eager to grow and help others grow.
Does this sound like we are talking about you? Then come grow with us!
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in this position. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
For more information, visit Bloomia's website at www.bloomia.com.
Click here to apply