Job offersmore »
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
- Key Accountmanager Horticulture Glass
- Product & Applicatie Specialist Opkweek
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
- US (TX): Tarrant County College board approves campus greenhouse
- 11 hectare greenhouse project opened in Azerbaijan
- Vietnam: TAP completes new phase in 24-hectare greenhouse
- US (PA): Feasibility study for a Center of Excellence for Indoor Agriculture
- How to get fast, accurate root zone moisture and EC data
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Graduate Grower - Tomatoes - Australia
Costa is Australia's leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. From this market leading position, we work incredibly hard to keep improving the quality of our produce and the service we deliver to our consumers.
Our produce is supplied to all the major Australian supermarket chains, as well as independent grocers and a range of food industry stakeholders. We also export to Asia, North America and Europe.
Costa supplies tomatoes 365 days a year under the Blush® brand and private label brands.
Blush® tomatoes are grown in one of Australia’s largest and most advanced glasshouse facilities, located in the New South Wales town of Guyra. They are also grown in South Australia, Tasmania, Queensland and Western Australia through our grower partners.
Our state-of-the-art glasshouse technology puts Blush® and Costa at the forefront of innovation in ecologically sustainable practices and sets us apart in the fruit and vegetable industry.
Graduate Program - Tomatoes:
Based at our Glasshouses in Guyra NSW, our Graduate program aims to develop Growers of the future by providing intensive hands on experience across all key departments within the Category over a 12 month period.
The rotation includes time in our high tech Nursery, 3x10ha Glasshouses, Packing Sheds and Agronomy team. Graduates also gain an insight into what happens after our product leaves the farm through exposure to the Sales and Marketing functions based in our Melbourne head office.
Being a successful Grower requires effective leadership skills which will be developed both on the job and via individual coaching and professional development training.
• Completion or near completion of a Bachelor level qualification or higher in a relevant discipline such as Horticulture, Agronomy, Plant Science, Agrifood Systems or Rural Science;
• The ability and interest in progressing to the position of a tomato glasshouse Grower Manager within the business;
• Commitment to the 12 month graduate program and developing technical and leadership skills;
• Commitment to the Costa Core values.
How to apply:
Please forward a cover letter and resume with academic results to firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate applications close 10/9/2017, with the position commencing in November 2017 or as negotiated.